Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

I went for the vinyl, just because, but yes, it was so uninspired. I haven’t played it once.
Yep - same here. I opened it when it arrived, purely to gaze lovingly (hi @octophone) at the coloured discs, then put them back in the sleeve and on the shelf from whence they have yet to be taken again.

I went for the vinyl, just because, but yes, it was so uninspired. I haven’t played it once.
The tracklisting was so for the Locomotion fans, but I'd guess most fans who would buy a Kylie vinyl are The One fans.

Not the only f9uck u9 of this campaign.

What, the fans of The One STILL waiting for X (amongst others) on vinyl, you mean? :D

I saw someone estimate about 15k sales since the reissue.

I saw someone estimate about 15k sales since the reissue.
100k is a great result for a GH in 2019 as Sheena said, but this business model of BMG is going to burn out fast - doing multiple editions across all formats of an album, and then reissuing it six months later to bleed the fans dry. It's not a good look and it will have severe diminishing returns.

They'd better not to do it next Christmas with whatever album she releases this year.

100k is a great result for a GH in 2019 as Sheena said, but this business model of BMG is going to burn out fast - doing multiple editions across all formats of an album, and then reissuing it six months later to bleed the fans dry. It's not a good look and it will have severe diminishing returns.

They'd better not to do it next Christmas with whatever album she releases this year.

BMG also reissued Dido and Jack Savoretti's albums just before Christmas (though I don't suppose they had all the cassette formatting nonsense in the first place) and I noticed they are both on sale in HMV and on Amazon for £7.99 too. It does seem to be something they go in for much more than other labels now.

I'm staying strong and not paying more than a fiver for the Kylie GH.

Hmmm

I decided for no good reason whatsoever to listen to the vinyl for the first time ever. Side A was great. Side D was a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom