Steps - Platinum Collection (NUMBER ONE ALBUM)

I would quite like a studio version of their cover of Strong Enough please.

Oh then I should explain what I meant - the promo now is good. So release the fucking GH now! Even the lead single appears to have a video!
Let's be honest the same 2,750 homosexuals that will buy the coloured vinyl and cassette bundle with signed H photographs will still be the same whether the record comes out now or in August. And they probably won't make much if any money from that anyway.

Tour sales are more important.

Let's be honest the same 2,750 homosexuals that will buy the coloured vinyl and cassette bundle with signed H photographs will still be the same whether the record comes out now or in August. And they probably won't make much if any money from that anyway.

Tour sales are more important.

Well point taken :D

But still, surely it’s better to have the GH out so the concert-goers who are losing their minds with Steps fever can get it?

Does anyone know, if the full unedited version of “Something In Your Eyes (GMJS Poptastic Club Anthem)” Mix - was ever released on its own anywhere, out-with the digital only, Steps webstore exclusive “Night Out Edition” of the “What The Future Holds” (Part 1), album ?
You can find an mp3 of the 7 minutes version on SoulSeek, no idea if it's uploaded anywhere else, but the mp3 is easy to get.

Hard 2 Forget is on the tracklist for the next Now album which is out on 29 July, so presumably the single will be out in the next few weeks.

It is in fact out on Thursday along with the music video.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
ARTWORK (feat. Claire replaced by LULU).

17633582-E02A-448D-8C64-D19DFC82D522.jpeg

On first listen it's ALRIGHT in a 7/10 way but it ain't the ridiculous slam dunk of recent big hitting singles.

The key change CLUNKS as well.

"You wanted to be Hard 2 Forget, but in this case, you were just forgettable"

:meh:

Hope this grows but based on first listen, this feels like an Alcazar MF reject.

Oh, it seems I already know this from the Vincint original. It's quite good and basically exactly the same.

Oh, it seems I already know this from the Vincint original. It's quite good and basically exactly the same.
Except Lisa sings/says "punchdrunk on your love" rather than "...dope" :D

I think my issue with it is that when Vincint sings "Another midnight I'm without you/Another call at 2am" (the best bit) it's quite high in his range so he can belt it

When the girls sing it here in the same key, it doesn't have that impact at all

Last edited:
OK as Steps singles go it's a bit low key, but I think it's a perfectly good pop song. It just doesn't whack you across the face like most of the WTFH singles.

I wish they'd give this one a go:

Lisa: We were so thrilled when Lady Gaga wrote the song especially for us!

Did they actually use the same set as the sushi restaurant in the 'Hung Up' video?

Lee in eyeliner though & H's thirsty looks. Tens tens TENS across the board.

I really like that! I mean it’s just an interim single before the proper stuff but as said it’s better than the TOTD deluxe drek.

Faye and LSL look STUN, Clairebear’s wig is doing no favours. I don’t really like men in eyeliner, Lee just about gets away with it. H (from Steps, not Call is Duty) looks like a space eunuch from Thor Ragnarok.

I mean I get it, he’s gay but you don’t need to do all that business

I like it. Frothy and fun.

That video might be the most fabulous that Queen Faye has ever been... The CRAZY EYES at about 2.20 :disco:

That said I am reserving judgement on whether The Slightest Touch should have been held back for the GH until I hear their stab at The Runner.

Actually I’ve decided that this is a better stab at 90s house than some of the other underbaked, overrated shite riding high in the charts right now. :)

There was some talk on popjustice about them having released the WRONG VERSION to the streaming platforms. Apparently the video version is ‘punchier’ and I think that’s the one that’s on Spotify etc now?

Whether true or NOT, I am enjoying it more.

There was some talk on popjustice about them having released the WRONG VERSION to the streaming platforms. Apparently the video version is ‘punchier’ and I think that’s the one that’s on Spotify etc now?

I think you might be right! I can hear subtle differences in the mastering… the video version does sound a bit crisper.

Of course it does come with the downside of having to look at H but swings and roundabouts.

I revisited the megamix today and was AGOG when I was admiring Claire’s magenta-tipped hair for Summer of Love, but when she moved to the left as the camera pans, it looks like she has a little Pinocchio nose :D

Last edited:

I didn't really notice punch levels, but on headphones the Spotify version had a weird kind of volume drop just in the build to the second chorus with a missing Claire lead line, leaving the backing vocals of GUESS WHO to carry the load.

lsl.jpg

I don’t know what it is, but the Hard 2 Forget video is really making me happy. Obviously cheap as chips and Christ knows who that drag queen is, but they all look like they’re relaxed and having fun together, without a rigid dance routine too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom