Steps - The Slightest Touch (Five Star cover) OUT NOW

*Going Live phone-in reference*

• Total voters
Is it just me or is the synth SPAZZOUT reminiscent of Sarah's Delerium Airscape Silence REMIX :disco:

Which can only be a good THING of course

Reactions: Zu
As if to add all of my “I’m old” cultural reference points together this morning, Mr Sheena heard me playing it, asked if it was Five Star, was then surprised Steps were still going but contrarily then asked if “Lisa was still in Dubai for this video” and then came into the bathroom to “Shazam it quick so I can add it to my iTunes” :D

Why does the Spotify version sound like it’s 92 Kbps?

CALL THE POLICE!

:disco: Any so-called homosexuals who DON’T think this is the most exciting musical moment of the year need to have their GAY PRIVILEGES REMOVED and yes I am talking Grindr, syphilis and Complan
Also TANGY TOMS OBV

• Love
Reactions: COB
Honestly that Claire bit (plus what comes before and after) really is FUCKING FANTASTIC

God knows nobody would want to sit through her noise on that lovely candle albam but in this context she doesn’t half fucking bring it :disco:

God knows nobody would want to sit through her noise on that lovely candle albam but in this context she doesn’t half fucking bring it :disco:
I know the albam was a bit FUN FOR MUMS and my candle never downloaded properly :( but if you’re in the mood for a screech-worthy Claireathon, these two singles sit quite comfortably either side of “The Slightest Touch”.

I prefer Something In Your Eyes :shy:

Still convelling from my first listen of the five star Five Star cover. I've never heard the original and just assumed they were terrible (but am now guessing more than live up to their name now).

I've only just caught up with this but OH MY

It took a couple of spins to fully warm up to which is fine to by me

It's now got a VICE LIKE grip on my brain in a fully 10/10 way :disco:

Always my favourite 5S song after Rain Or Shine so it was hard to go wrong, but this is just about a perfect reworking

Stedman to cameo in the video please

#96 in the midweeks :disco:

Obviously it won’t be there at the end of the week, but actually I was surprised to see that. I guess the Friday release puts all sales into one week which helps.

It's down to #34 on iTunes. Haven't they stuck around a little better on that recently?

I was obviously stunned into silence on hearing this last week.

Giving Faye the spoken part into the big wail didn't cross my mind but it works wonderfully.

I'm far too old to care if you remove my card-carrying gay privileges, but I have always hated Steps. Having removed that burden from my chest, I will now also freely admit that I listened to this expecting to turn my nose up at it as if someone had thrust a shit-coated finger under it, but upon hearing it, I immediately bought it from the lovely Amazonians and have been listening to it and the seminal original on an almost continuous loop ever since.

I'm far too old to care if you remove my card-carrying gay privileges, but I have always hated Steps.
:D Quite a daring in-lounge confession I would say. Watch out for the death threats and pigcunts arriving in the post :disco:

YES!

Get it out quick, then A Hundred Years Of Winter for Christmas.

I am hoping for an AMAZING video, though. And get Five Star in for a cameo :disco:

Since this has been floating around for a while now, they could do another “Heartbreak in This City” by returning Lisa to Dubai via economy post and having a DENISE PEARSON feature.

After all, she released a NOT ENTIRELY DISSIMILAR version a few years ago. 7th Heaven probably still have the vox on a floppy disk.

TOO RIGHT

They seem to be presenting it as a by fan demand deal (surely they can't have been surprised it was so positively received):

I actually think it may have been. When the tracklist first came out, track 11 was just called ‘Track 11’, so I get the feeling they were scouring for covers last minute and settled on this. Especially as their usual remixers, 7th Heaven, actually produced it (didn’t they?). Then given it did much better business on Spotify to begin with than the actual single did, it seems plausible they’ve changed tact and gone to this somewhat unexpectedly.

Either way, it’s a win.

I agree that it seems likely it was a relatively last minute choice of cover. I think they had previously mentioned Rain or Shine re Five Star, but this was surely the better outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom