Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
artwork-440x440.jpg

From Popjustice:

"Spanning 15 tracks, the album includes 10 brand-new unheard songs plus special acoustic versions of previous singles from the album."

1. Take Me For A Ride
2. Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City (Single Mix)
3. Wasted Tears
4. A Hundred Years Of Winter
5. Living In A Lie
6. A Million Years
7. Trouble & Love
8. Victorious
9. Kiss Of Life
10. High
11. Track 11
12. What The Future Holds (Acoustic)
13. Something In Your Eyes (Acoustic)
14. To The Beat Of My Heart (Acoustic)
15. Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City (Acoustic)

Also it is the first of April... :argh:

edit: nah you can buy it all, it's legit SURELY

Theres also a Deluxe version:

CD 1:

Take Me For A Ride
Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City (Single Mix)
Wasted Tears
A Hundred Years of Winter
Living In A Lie
A Million Years
Trouble & Love
Victorious
Kiss Of Life
High
Track 11

CD 2:

What The Future Holds (Acoustic)
Something In Your Eyes (Acoustic)
To The Beat Of My Heart (Acoustic)
Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City (Acoustic)
Track 16
What The Future Holds (7th Heaven Remix) (Edit)
Father's Eyes (Shanghai Surprise) (Edit)
To The Beat Of My Heart (Shortland Tropical Mix)
Track 20
Clouds (Conway Remix) ( Edit)
Heartbreak In This City (Saint Remix) (Edit)
Something In Your Eyes (7th Heaven Remix) (Edit)
Under My Skin (Shortland Remix) (Edit )

Melfest really is a great resource for their A&R people to MINE

...though of course a significant part of their most devoted fanbase will already know those tracks :side-eye:

Jenny Velvet sounds quite like Queen Faye on the verses, you can imagine the Claire foghorn on that chorus and I obviously would very much be there for Steps COVERING BENGTZING

Can't wait for "E Det Fel På Mig? (The Letter Remix)" by H & Claire vs Faye, Lisa and Lee

A deluxe was obviously expected but this new album is a very pleasant surprise. I do wonder how long it has been on the cards for, I can't imagine they've recorded all these songs in the last few months; perhaps it is a mixture of new recordings and stuff they had in the can.

This is a weird way of doing it...just do a new album, no?

I wish they’d do a deluxe of the vinyl- I want the mixes too.

Hopefully this means they have a proper new album in the works and this is to tide them over until then.

Or yes, perhaps it's just a way of getting rid of some cast-offs. Either way, I've pre-ordered!

Well it is a new album isn’t it? But as said, to be pushing it out with a bunch of acoustic tracks from the first album signals maybe it’s leftover stuff rather than a full on, proper new album.

I’ll take it anyhow, how fabulous and unexpected. Weird to have the details out now for a September release though.

Yeah that’s the only puzzle for me, why is it coming so late, is it tying in with something? Too early for Christmas

The thing is, when will they realise no cunt wants acoustic from Steps? At least not over “poppers o’clock” remixes, anyway.

Bewitched and bewildered by Track 11, please let it be called Track 11 and be social commentary on the flimsiness of tracks 11 on a standard LP :disco:

In the unlikely event it's not the above, because how can it not be, I hope it's a tribute to the finest Track 11s in creation who dare to go against the grain and give Track 11 a fighting chance. For example

Hello Earth by Kate Bush
Funny How by Rachel Stevens
Or, in fact, Here and Now by Steps :disco:

I've just spent a substantial period of my life wondering what Kate songs would suit them

Faye would be just perfect for Breathing I think. Lisa could probably be okay for Army Dreamers. And I reckon Claire would be surprisingly good at Sat In Your Lap

Can't wait to find out which ones they pick anyway, maybe we'll even get a video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom