Stock Market Crash 2020

There’s been two rate cuts since I got a letter about remortgaging and yet there doesn’t seem to have had any impact on the rates the banks are offering me :side-eye:

Funny that. You would almost think they were a shower of robbing bastards or something...

ikr? to compare, my credit card interest rate is 18.9%.
i heard they were raising bank taxes here yesterday.

it just blows my mind how corrupt everything is. a big story in the us today is how a few senators dumped millions worth of stock after a coronavirus briefing at the end of january. some of those are reported downplaying fears over the situation afterwards.

dumping sticks AND buying stocks in Citrix! it's so transparent it hurts my face from all the mansoning

There’s been two rate cuts since I got a letter about remortgaging and yet there doesn’t seem to have had any impact on the rates the banks are offering me :side-eye:

To be fair it takes time to price this kind of stuff in and with the markets being so uncertain and it's likely liquidity is drying up, I'm not surprised banks haven't immediately done something for mortgage rates.

At least everyone will have clean arses while they starve through the incoming Greatest Recession.

Dow rebounds more than 11% in best day since 1933 as Congress nears coronavirus stimulus deal

the stock market is the biggest con ever.

Reactions: SDF
here are two choice headlines:

CNBC: Dow rallies more than 1,300 points, capping its biggest 3-day surge since 1931
PUBLISHED WED, MAR 25 20206:08 PM EDTUPDATED THU, MAR 26 20205:21 PM EDT

Obsever: How a Hedge Funder Scored a 10,000% Return Amid Coronavirus Market Meltdown
By Sissi Cao • 03/26/20 12:04pm

it plummets cause you know coronavirus. then it rebounds cause trump says it would be beautiful if people went back to church and work for easter. what the flaming fuck?

Reactions: SDF
this guy got me a bit wet.

it's astonishing how all the giant, unruly offspring of the divine free market keep having to be bailed out.

and the vicious cirlce perpetuates itself.

Bets Against the Stock Market Rise to Highest Level in Years
Among the companies short sellers have targeted in recent weeks are travel-related firms

Short sellers have revived their wagers against the stock market in recent weeks, taking their most aggressive positions in years.

Bets against the SPDR S&P 500 Trust, the biggest exchange-traded fund tracking the broad index, rose to $68.1 billion last week, the highest level in data going back to January 2016, according to financial analytics company S3 Partners. That was up from $41.7 billion at the beginning of 2020 and $41.2 billion a year ago.

Short sellers borrow shares and sell them, hoping to repurchase them at lower prices and keep the difference as profit. Among the individual companies they have targeted in recent weeks are travel-related firms, including Carnival Corp., CCL 5.99% Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., RCL 9.94% Marriott International Inc. MAR 4.81% and Wynn Resorts Ltd. WYNN 8.54%

full article here (may contain traces of wsj).

I think the oil producers have too much so are having to pay people to take it off their hands as they can’t afford to store it, or don’t have the capacity to store it themselves? It’s all quite abstract and I don’t quite understand it.

Likely worst recession in the UK since 1707. Borrowing highest since WW2.

Get ready for WORSE SHIT TO COME!

Still don’t understand bitcoin, even if Revolut are saying I could win a Bitcoin :eyes:

All I know about bitcoin is that it is SOMEHOW terrible for the planet. You'd think IMAGINARY MONEY would avoid that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom