Street Fighter 6 (formerly Capcom's mysterious countdown site)

This gives me hope that a new console port is on the cards :disco:
I hope so! Although I did read something recently (of questionable veracity) about how these standalone arcade cabinets are classed as toys rather than as interactive entertainment, so they would be covered under different rights packages than if the games were ported to consoles (since the prevailing thought seems to be that it's Disney preventing the rerelease of the Marvel games). Hopefully not though!

I hope so! Although I did read something recently (of questionable veracity) about how these standalone arcade cabinets are classed as toys rather than as interactive entertainment, so they would be covered under different rights packages than if the games were ported to consoles (since the prevailing thought seems to be that it's Disney preventing the rerelease of the Marvel games). Hopefully not though!
I know Disney have the rights locked down tight, which is why Infinite was absolute gash. Still, a re-release of Capcom's Marvel fighting games on one disc is a licence to print money, which is normally not an opportunity those grasping robdogs at Disney would ever turn down.

Reactions: COB
Kimberly and Juri revealed:

Juri is here for the foot fiends even more than in previous games, somehow :D Kimberly looks incredible, I didn't expect her to be a ninja! She's Guy's student apparently.

I saw the leaked screenshots yesterday but didn’t realise they’d now been confirmed :disco:

I love that Kimberley dresses like Sodom but is actually Guy’s student :D I assume this means Guy and Zeku won’t be stopping by for this round.

Juri looks a lot better than the SFV nerfed version.

With the Tekken 8 reveal, Fatal Fury announcement and the reveal of Shingo for King of Fighters, EVO has spoilt us this year.

:basil:
images (9).jpeg

They still haven't nailed his look for me. They should have gone more Axel Streets of Rage 4, his haircut is still Japanemo.

Ryu on the other hand they've succeeded.

They still haven't nailed his look for me. They should have gone more Axel Streets of Rage 4, his haircut is still Japanemo.

Ryu on the other hand they've succeeded.
I quite like 'lives in his car'-era Ken; I feel like he's going to have a hell of a story mode. It's a definite step up from his boggle-eyed plasticine coke fiend era from the last game.

New trailer showing off some of the new modes, with a look at some more characters including Divorced Ken:

Blanka's dungarees are particularly :disco:

The world tour stuff looks great! I assume it will be a bit like the Soul Calibur games, where you can create a character with a distinct look but their fighting style will be based on an existing character.

It looks QUITE FUN for someone with a MID-LEVEL ABILITY at fighting games :disco:

Marisa is like Mika without the sexualisation, very interesting how Capcom seems to actually be taking notes on these things.

SO MUCH TO UNPACK :disco:
Dee Jay’s first ever appearance in a base roster :disco:
Abel with tits :disco:
Marisa in general :disco:
World Tour already being my favourite RPG since konquest mode from Mortal Kombat Deception :disco:
JP hopefully explaining what G and Q are all about :disco:
Jun Kazama confirmed for Tekken 8 :disco:

I know the last one has nowt to do with Street Fighter but WHAT A DAY for fighting game fans.

• Love
Jun is back in Tekken?! She was my favourite character in Tekken 2 :o

Are they even attempting at a timeline or is it all A WIZARD DID IT.

Jun is back in Tekken?! She was my favourite character in Tekken 2 :o

Are they even attempting at a timeline or is it all A WIZARD DID IT.
I think she's back to help Jin to finally defeat Kazuya so they can set up the Tekken 9 storyline of Kazuya coming back from the dead and swearing vengeance against Jin.

Such irresponsible parking, with no thought to the disabled, emergency services, or bin collectors.

Good job the council employed that flame breathing yogi!

They should've thrown in the rights for Darkstalkers as well, it's not like they're doing much with it otherwise :tongueout: And you could make an amazing film with those characters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom