Strictly 2022

There can only be one or two still to be announced now (and The Scum seemed very sure Helen Skelton was in).

There can only be one or two still to be announced now (and The Scum seemed very sure Helen Skelton was in).
Some suggestions on Twitter about a larger cast for the 20th series, and with 20 professional dancers there might still be a couple of names left.

16 would be the absolute limit, anymore and the first 3-4 weeks will be a SLOG.

How many non-competing professionals like Neil do they usually have?

Assuming Helen is the last name, I think that would mean that only six female pros are needed and four would be benched. Nine male pros would be partnered, leaving one on the shelf (well Neil Jones should be used to it by now).

I've never watched a full episode of Strictly, I just cannot get excited about dancing. I can see the appeal of the show to some people though.

I'm the same really, I can't tell good dancing from bad (as anyone who's seen me dance will know). However, I do fancy James Bye quite a lot so will be certainly looking out for some screencaps if he's in tight outfits at any point.

Yet again? It's usually a given.

The show has never had a trans contestant and, really, given the social media spots they throw away (as in being a household name not being a requirement), it's not acceptable at all.

STRICTLY COME DANCING 2022 SCHEDULE REVEALED​

The fifteen stars taking to the dance floor on this year's Strictly Come Dancing have been announced, plus the BBC have announced the schedule for this year's series, and how it will mitigate disruption from the World Cup.

The multi-award-winning entertainment show, produced by BBC Studios, will return to BBC One and BBC iPlayer for its 20th series this autumn, once again bringing glitter, glamour and glorious dancing to homes across the nation.

The launch show - which will see the fifteen celebrities paired with their professional partners for the first time - will record on Wednesday 7th September and broadcast on BBC One on either Saturday 10th or Saturday 17th September.

The first live show of the series will be on Saturday 24th September on BBC One, the series will then continue weekly as normal through to mid-December with the live final. Strictly will return to Blackpool's Tower Ballroom on Saturday 19th November.

Due to the world cup, there will likely be some disruption to the schedule during December. Schedules for the quarter-final and semi-final are yet to be officially confirmed, however it's possible that at least one show will move to Sunday night to accommodate the football.

BAH to accommodating football.

How odd that they don't know or aren't saying which week the launch show will air

What an absolute shambles. BBC’s scheduling is very troublesome to say the least. If we get in to the last few weeks of the competition and it is rescheduled due to fucking football I will be FURIOUS.

Is the World Cup not usually on throughout the summer? Why have they moved it to December?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom