Succession

Thank God for the Bank holiday so I could dive straight into this without braving Twitter or Youtube.

So fucking good. The way they teased Kendall drowning at his mother's house. Shiv's smug 'I won!' speech minutes before the crushing revelation. :D Greg playing both sides to the end and winding up stuck with Tom forever. It all culminating in the most humiliating way possible with a boardroom brawl in full view of everyone.

God I'll miss it.

I thought it was utterly perfect. Every single character's ending worked beautifully for me, and felt so satisfying. I didn't predict any of it, yet it still felt entirely logical and believable.

These past few weeks Succession had become a show I checked my phone while watching, and I was actively willing it to end, but this ended it all on the biggest high. Up there with the very best of eps, if not the best.

i especially loved how it had all the high drama and backstabbing we'd expect, but still made space for some really lovely bits in ways that felt organic (the beach, meal fit for a king, even the Logan sing song).

RIP Succession, you were fucking great.

It’s true that some mid-season episodes had some slow moments but otherwise this show really managed to never being boring. They made a great choice by ending it on a high, but yeah they’ll be so missed. :(

I think I want to re-watch the final again. Or maybe re-watch the whole thing.

My only quibble is that we really didn't get enough Gerri in the last few episodes. Appreciate that her arc was more or less done though, and I was satisfied to see her surviving and thriving to the end.

Her last proper scene was Roman was a bit low key, but a fitting ending for them.

"I could have got you there. But nope. Nope!"

Yes this was excellent.

How wonderful to bring back Lady Caroline for an extended victory lap... the disgust at FACE EGGS :D

"We are bullshit" and Kendall sat that delusional and defeated at the end felt appropriate.

With this bunch of characters there was never going to be a satisfying person ending up in charge, but... Tom?!

We are bullshit. You are bullshit. I am bullshit. We're nothing

PERFECT

I didn't like Tom getting the job but then I knew, after the election episode, we were going to get a "life is shit and this is what would happen" scenario to end with, so I was OK with it. It went exactly the way it would happen if these people were real. Everything changes, and then nothing really changes.

Some of the shots were stunning but I never really picked up on the symbolic elements this episode, of which there were apparently many - The Guardian and The Independent love to break down the nuances and why this show is so clever and so stunning.

5* reviews from both of them - the difficult finale episode is done and so I think we can safely expect this show to be added to the Greatest TV Shows lists. It ended at exactly the right time to cement its legacy.

God that was a watch. It’s a weird ending when you’re not rooting for anyone to actually win but I think ultimately I wanted the kids to regain control (not sure why).

Tom is a snivelling boot licker but also props to him for getting what he always wanted I guess :D

Loved the little sibling bonding moment in the Caribbean and at Logan’s flat - was nice to see and deffo needed for the end of the series. They needed some grounding.

I think what I’ll miss most is the quality. Every second looked a million dollars. An expertly put together show that hit every beat. Kudos to all involved.

I liked what I read on Twitter that Willa was the real winner here. She’s got Logan’s apartment, her husband working away 7 months of year and untold riches.

Look how far she’s come indeed :disco:

Not so fast, his deal is with Mencken who’s on the way to lose the election so she’s stuck with Connor full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom