Succession

Holy shit those finale 15 minutes. What a great finale.

I was a bit miffed in the beginning that Kendal wasn’t dead but it just slowly built new stakes. All 3 kids were just incredible to watch.

And Tom…he got his revenge all right.

Also Marsha said 3 words that I couldn’t discern. Seriously what is this shit.

Also this shot is beautiful

E4E72847-60A7-4ECC-9444-68C5030C4E94.jpeg

Loved that episode though and those final 15 minutes were exquisite. The way it slowly unravelled that the kids were out of the deal…

Like @Phoenix said the episode belonged to all three of the kids. Acting was absolutely amazing and Kieran Culkin at the end trying not to cave in was just beautiful followed by him begging Gerri.

What revenge did Tom get?

Yeah he’s the one who told Logan

I feel like I need to sit down and rest for a while after watching last fifteen minutes or so. :disco:

Even Connor and Greg stepped their pussies up and turned into real people during this episode. Thank you Grand Duchy of Luxembourg!

I don’t think anyone’s character arch is more finished than the others. The story hasn’t moved much since the start, they keep recycling the same format but they do it so well it hasn’t ever been boring.

Killing Kendall (or anyone else) would disrupt the balance of power for the worse, I think.

I told you it wouldn’t happen. They keep all characters but change the set up of alliances.

I feel like I need to sit down and rest for a while after watching last fifteen minutes or so. :disco:

Even Connor and Greg stepped their pussies up and turned into real people during this episode. Thank you Grand Duchy of Luxembourg!

tell me about it.

and i was having a real-life crazy family situation (in which i actually thought my father's heart might not take it) unfolding as i was watching to boot!

the luxembourg stuff was so much fun! roman will invade france was it? :D

also loved the waiters flirting in the background as tom was wooing greg. the gay-baiting has been something else!

ugh, the entire episode was perfection. even marcia getting out of the bed for precisely her 10k and not a line more.

logan, phenomenal as he was, is such an asshole though. ugh, it's such a delicious tragedy all around.

how is the viewship? i swear this feels like the biggest show since got.

this, got, mad men, westworld, the great, veep - hbo always has the best show.

Last edited:
Invading France, The Congress of Vienna and to be Romanoved in a cellar… made my history geek heart go boom.

how is the viewship? i swear this feels like the biggest show since got.

this, got, mad men, westworld and veep - hbo always has the best show.

Mad Men wasn’t by HBO.

I think this is way better than Westworld. I have a feeling it’s more popular too.

Mad Men wasn’t by HBO.

I think this is way better than Westworld. I have a feeling it’s more popular too.
oh that's right, that was cable. i have an image of the thumbnail on hbo.
can i replace it with and just like that? :)

poor westworld is not popular at all but it's an 11/10 and no mistake!

Viewing numbers don’t matter much these days. With HBO Max they just need fuel to keep the streaming train running.

OMG at the Nero stuff!!! This show :disco:

Logan telling Roman to get straightened up was basically telling him to get conversation therapy right?

I wasn’t sure about the waiters whipping each other’s arses - it just seemed a bit weird but nothing in this show is by accident.

Oh my God at all that. TOM :disco:

Is Shiv actually the worst worst, just because she pretends to be better? Her face when Roman first gave her the heads up about the sale, never mind how it went later :D

Just a word for Connor and Willa's 'I am the eldest!' and 'Fuck it, come on how bad it can be?' moments. Aren't they just the dream?

OMG I was SO ANNOYED that Kendall wasn't dead, and that the show even bothered to do such a pointless fake out, that it threw me off the first 30 mins of the show as I didn't really see where the writing was heading, and I didn't really care about another boring merger/takeover plot.

HOWEVER the last 15 mins were of course :disco: Tom really is the most loath-able of an absolutely despicable set of characters :D I love to hate him SO MUCH.

Last edited:
I need to time to digest but that was one of the most glorious pieces of television I’ve ever seen :disco:

I didn’t see the twist coming at the end (not the bit with Caroline; the bit with Tom)

Shiv’s reaction was incredible - I felt every grimace

Holy shit

Golden Globes noms:

Best Drama
Best Actor in a Drama: Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong
Best Supporting Actress: Sarah Snook
Best Supporting Actor: Kieran Culkin

No nomination for Matthew Macfadyen seems like an oversight.

Yes. It was advice she gave to him when he was planning to throw Kendall under the bus over the time he paid a homeless person to get a forehead tattoo.

Cocky Roman turning into a snivelling wreck in that final scene literally begging Logan then Gerry was just everything.

The thing is, if Gerri had bailed him out then he wouldn't have had any respect for her in the long run anyway. I'm intrigued to see where their dynamic goes after this.

Also interested in what becomes of Tom. Logan was happy to use him in this episode, but I don't think screwing over his own wife (and Logan's daughter, fucked up as their relationship is) is going to win him the respect he thinks it will...

Also, all the performances were amazing but can we have some recognition for Sarah Snook's body language in that final scene? The way she went from devastated and barely holding it together to completely frozen with suppressed rage when Tom touched her was spine-tingling.

I love how, on reflection, the scene with Tom and Greg is so much more powerful than we thought it was at the time. We didn't know what that truly meant until the final seconds. Thinking back to what Tom was saying, knowing now what he was thinking about throwing Shiv under the bus. I love shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom