Sugababes™

This was posted on Popjustice. Looks fanmade TBQH but who would bother?

edit: think it was a joke lol

Last edited:
That would be an appalling cover.

Do they have bonus material to make up a deluxe or would it just be remixes? I love the One Touch era but let's be honest the weaker material is quite weak so I'm not all that bothered about what was left off... Well maybe just from a nostalgia perspective

AND I KNOW THAT'S INCLUDING OTHER LINEUPS but it does illustrate the appeal of the brand!!!
it likely means a few songs like Push the Button and About You Now have made it onto 00s pop playlists. I don't think many of those 2.5m would be interested by new music, personally

I never got the sense that Sugababes had the kind of rabid large-scale fanbase that Girls Aloud had, despite their higher sales at their peak.\

I do think there's still potential for them to record and tour at a modest level if they weren't so utterly dysfunctional, though.

We’ve had 2.5 albums worth of material from them since this reform through leaks and I’m more than happy with that.

Anything else is a bonus

We’ve had 2.5 albums worth of material from them since this reform through leaks and I’m more than happy with that.

Anything else is a bonus
I mean yeah we've had that, but they got nothing out of the leaks. As :DAF: as it sounds, I want them to know how appreciated they are (by however many internet gays), have a Mighty Hoopla moment, and enjoy whatever other nice things hopefully come their way.

Last edited:
I never got the sense that Sugababes had the kind of rabid large-scale fanbase that Girls Aloud had, despite their higher sales at their peak.\

Maybe a Sugababes/Girls Aloud joint tour would solve the problem then (I know this won't ever happen)

They'd have better luck asking the All Saints. Imagine them collaborating even if just on stage - makes me wanna scream :disco:

Reactions: RJN
That sounds amazing but who would want to go on tour with a group that will probably break up half way through?

I never got the sense that Sugababes had the kind of rabid large-scale fanbase that Girls Aloud had

The kind of rabid large-scale fanbase that let "Beautiful Because You Love Me" me flop right after the success of "Something New"?

And All Saints' "Studio 1" flopped, as did their recent single with Sting (a girl group collaborating with Sting... Hmm.)

With the right song, any of them could get back in the game - maybe not a hit single, but a single that sets up a somewhat successful album and/or tour. ("If Clare from Steps can get a Top 10" etc.)

I reckon if Girls Aloud reformed tomorrow they could tour arenas.

If Sugababes did it, we're talking regional theatre. Maybe a concert hall or two if they bring Heidi back into the fold.

Reactions: RJN
If Heidi had much appeal of her own she wouldn't have ended up working in the office at Sony. Sugababes is the star. It always has been.

Sugababes was never about spectacle. Girls Aloud can't sing (as a collective). They needed spectacle. It worked out for them, mostly. But they have no appeal outside the UK/Ireland. It's apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
I reckon if Girls Aloud reformed tomorrow they could tour arenas.

If Sugababes did it, we're talking regional theatre. Maybe a concert hall or two if they bring Heidi back into the fold.

I think you’re underselling their popularity, whilst I agree GA would find it easier.

GA are more suited to (and experienced with) arena tours, their music is a bit more banger-centric.

I mean someone like Dido could have a decently successful tour, but she doesn’t make arena music, it wouldn’t make sense to use those venues.

Sugababes have goodwill, but the public needs a big reminder - a great single and promo. At the moment I can’t see it, as the least active ‘active’ pop group in town

Well Sophie Amogbokpa's bootleg Beautiful Cuz U Punched Me rightfully put a stop to Cheryl's power play ballad release. It's quite clear On The Metro was the number 1 in waiting and The Fans were not happy about that.

I’d quite like Heidi’s office job at Sony :(

When is @dUb doing a sugababes eppy of my favourite podcast?

Unpopular opinion: Jade is the best sugababe :eyes::eyes:

I think you’re going to need to make this a double bill, one for the sugababes era and one for the MKS years :eyes:

The upcoming episode with monsta will have the sole theme of Sugababes 1.0/MKS with ZERO MENTION of any other iterations or members (perhaps bleeped but would prefer none)

I would def do a general Suga special for 2-4.0 at a later date :david:

I think you’re going to need to make this a double bill, one for the sugababes era and one for the MKS years :eyes:
Oh did you mean two episodes about the SACRED THREE?? :disco::disco::disco:

Reactions: SDF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom