Sugababes™ - One Touch 20th Anniversary Reissue

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
After months of inactivity, the official account put up a little clip of Overload and a link to the website/mailing list on their story today...

🥴

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
I played Sugababes HITZ and NEVER GONNA DANCE AGAIN all afternoon so I’d like to think this is MY DOING.

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
Not having either Change or Sweet 7 on Latin America Spotify really is a homophobic act.

Whatevar

OH LORD THEY DO TRY
I listened to the One Touch Track By Track podcast earlier. Not very good are they? The shade towards Look At Me.

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Utopia Happening GIF by Amazon Prime Video

syl

User
I want Real Thing (Sampler Version) to take its rightful place on the album. (A digital release of the cassette edit of the Medway "Soul Sound" mix wouldn't go amiss either.)

funky

User
Ugh I’m not down with all this bonus and hidden content malarkey. After all this time I want a new album or nothing :kim:

syl

User
Ugh I’m not down with all this bonus and hidden content malarkey. After all this time I want a new album or nothing :kim:

I'm trepidatious about that. Mutya has been singing over cheap backing tracks for a decade or more. I don't want Keisha and Siobhan to join her. I do want new music, though.

Marilyn

User
I would very much like the acoustic Radio 1 performance of Run For Cover from the Soul Sound CD single to be on streaming

I can't even find it online to put in this post but their vocals on it are amazing

Tisch

Pauline Quirke has passed away...
Why would it be a One Touch anniversary? That should have been last year. Unless they delayed it due to c*vid which may suggest there's something new coming too?

It's very exciting whatever it is! Looks like a proper launch!

Reactions: dUb

syl

User
This would be a true rarity for an Expanded Edition.

Last edited:
The website youtube link goes to the London Records youtube, who are currently doing everything they can to repackage their catalogue to maximise earning potential - so I'm expecting this to be an expanded version of One Touch and vinyl?

They ALSO added all additional material from Siobhan's RIM album last week which was terribly exciting (even if some of the b-sides are AWFUL!). I would love a RIM vinyl :disco:

Obviously THRILLED if this becomes something more though, although unsure who would finance it/manage them after LAST TIME AROUND :eyes: Doesn't Keisha live in Canada now too??

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Keisha's sharing of the new teaser was tagged as "Same Old Story (BO)" or something which the Popjustice sleuths have figured out is BLOOD ORANGE

syl

User
I have to give them props for continuing to work with Dev Hynes after the floppage of "Flatline."

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
I have to give them props for continuing to work with Dev Hynes after the floppage of "Flatline."
Why wouldn't they?! 1) it was and remains incredible and 2) he's only ASCENDED since. If anything I give HIM props for agreeing to work with THEM :tongueout:

syl

User
Why wouldn't they?! 1) it was and remains incredible and 2) he's only ASCENDED since. If anything I give HIM props for agreeing to work with THEM :tongueout:

It's not unusual for a flop to sever a creative relationship, especially between a producer and an act. My comment wasn't a dig at either party.

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom