Sugababes™ - One Touch 20th Anniversary Reissue

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
I don't do sync listens as I'm still in recovery from stress induced by my flop Flop Sync Listen series, but I could make an exception

Why is it so hard for them to release new music? Their complaint "we have so many good recordings to go through" is such champagne problems. Someone with money needs to come in and SORT IT.

Beryl

Boy stop, step awaaaaay.
Omg it’s 2021 and I just ordered a One Touch vinyl. I’m in bits.

Can’t wait for an actual signed vinyl to be announced so the same 23 fans buy it again

Beryl

Boy stop, step awaaaaay.
I’ve just read some of the pop justice forum for the first time in years. Jesus they’re a unique breed.

@dUb to continue to share the breaking news here please so I don’t have to go back

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Although on second listen, I like it a bit more. It's the kind of generic streaming thing you can play in the lobby of a boutique hotel. I mean... work, I guess.

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
I got an email from "The Sugababes" today o_O O_o o.O O.o

It ended with the below, which I do feel was specifically directed at me:

Thank you for standing by us all these years.

Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan. x

Last edited:

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
I love almost everything MNEK does, and that remix is alright!

funky

User
I got an email from "The Sugababes" today o_O O_o o.O O.o

It ended with the below, which I do feel was specifically directed at me:

Thank you for standing by us all these years.

Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan. x

Of course it was directed at you. You're the only one who did.

• Sad
Reactions: dUb

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
I can't help but notice that Mutya's recent tweets are about this album, but do a tiny little scroll and you see loads of that other stuff. About Buckingham Palace:

DELETE TWEETS PLS

funky

User
That video history carousel is a bit unfortunate to say the least

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
The Blood Orange remix of Same Old Story is out on Tuesday! Clip:

funky

User
Might just be me but this whole ‘campaign’ is really boring

what’s the point spending years getting your name back just to put out some old songs with a few remixes?

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Might just be me but this whole ‘campaign’ is really boring

what’s the point spending years getting your name back just to put out some old songs with a few remixes?
Yeah it is a bit low key, but obviously they want to celebrate the debut as a soft relaunch and then move on to the exciting new material :)

funky

User
I just think they might have wasted the last bit of momentum they had but we’ll see

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Well nostalgia's not to be SNIFFED AT in my opinion. If they're doing it right they'll probably get a couple of TV performances around the re-release singing Overload and New Year etc. which will get more traction than a "here's our new song" moment

Jark

gave ur love away
I just think they might have wasted the last bit of momentum they had but we’ll see
there was no momentum babes! @dUb and the other six remaining disciples don't qualify!

I think taking their time, doing the One Touch anniversary deluxe and then coming back with new material (#soon) is smart enough.

Mutya sounds fantastic there.

RJN

User
I'm finding these remixes to be fairly uninteresting, but they did inspire me to put the album on.

10 Overload
10 One Foot In
10 Same Old Story

What a start :disco:

RJN

User
08 Just Let It Go
08 Look At Me

Even the filler is still good

10 Soul Sound
07 One Touch
08 Lush Life
07 Real Thing

Last edited:

Kratz

Not easy to remember, and even harder to forget
Oh goodness, not these three again.

It starts and ends with ‘About a Girl’ as far as I am concerned :oi:

SystemAddict

Short Disco 2007
They have all the VIM and VIGOUR of an Unperfect tribute act at this stage.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: dUb

straightorbroken

rebel heart
I'm glad they're putting the BTS work in. A Blood Orange remix is a good sign of where I'd love them to go (again) quite frankly.

straightorbroken

rebel heart
As for Mutya looking like she's just been facehugged by the face of Pete Burns. Truly chilling yet the horror is on hold as she sings one of the most stunning songs known to woman and gay.

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE

Listening back to ‘One Touch’ and the Sugababes’ production-line final albums, it’s fair to say the band ended up with a different vision to how it started. When did you feel it change?

Keisha: “For me, the Sugababes was about our harmonies and three voices put together. After Siobhan left, Mutya and I tried to continue our signature sound. When Mutya left, it became harder to maintain that. Every time someone leaves, it changes the dynamic. But there might be someone out there who loves the very last Sugababes line-up after I left.”

Siobhan: “Nah!”

Keisha: “Siobhan! I’m just saying there might be people who actually like that, but for me, it changed and lost its essence. After Mutya left, it became about being sexy and not being allowed in the creative process. It became this machine – and it looked and sounded like that. I give Heidi [Range, who replaced Siobhan and remained until the end] props. She’s a big part of the Sugababes so I’m not shading her or the line-up she’s in. But it was mind-boggling and alien to be told: ‘Your album’s going to take two weeks. It’s already written for you’.”

What was it like to be a part of that?

Keisha: I like to see the glass half-full so I’d turn up and do my routine, but I was embarrassed almost every single day. Siobhan, you would have died. During one session, a big name producer – who I won’t name – actually had someone come in and teach me, Heidi and Amelle about harmonies. I had to sit through that! Afterwards when I said that we really needed to be involved in the creative process, I was told: ‘OK, you’re being an issue now’, so I just shut up. And that album was disappointing.”

Diddy

Rice Queen

Listening back to ‘One Touch’ and the Sugababes’ production-line final albums, it’s fair to say the band ended up with a different vision to how it started. When did you feel it change?

Keisha: “For me, the Sugababes was about our harmonies and three voices put together. After Siobhan left, Mutya and I tried to continue our signature sound. When Mutya left, it became harder to maintain that. Every time someone leaves, it changes the dynamic. But there might be someone out there who loves the very last Sugababes line-up after I left.”

Siobhan: “Nah!”

Keisha: “Siobhan! I’m just saying there might be people who actually like that, but for me, it changed and lost its essence. After Mutya left, it became about being sexy and not being allowed in the creative process. It became this machine – and it looked and sounded like that. I give Heidi [Range, who replaced Siobhan and remained until the end] props. She’s a big part of the Sugababes so I’m not shading her or the line-up she’s in. But it was mind-boggling and alien to be told: ‘Your album’s going to take two weeks. It’s already written for you’.”

What was it like to be a part of that?

Keisha: I like to see the glass half-full so I’d turn up and do my routine, but I was embarrassed almost every single day. Siobhan, you would have died. During one session, a big name producer – who I won’t name – actually had someone come in and teach me, Heidi and Amelle about harmonies. I had to sit through that! Afterwards when I said that we really needed to be involved in the creative process, I was told: ‘OK, you’re being an issue now’, so I just shut up. And that album was disappointing.”

ooh that’s hot goss!
I guess that album she’s talking about must be Catfights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom