Sugababes™ - One Touch 20th Anniversary Reissue

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
She's spoken fondly of Catfights in the past as well... the taste jumped out

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Although this is what they had to say about it during Sweet 7 promo so could be 🤔

"We're still really proud of [Catfights], even though it wasn't our most successful album," says Buchanan, who's invariably first to answer questions. "I was surprised – I think Change should've got those bad reviews, because that was a lot poppier. With Catfights, we decided to go a bit old-school and stripped-back. But if we stayed in the place we were in, we'd never move on." But she finally admits they did become complacent, and that must be a difficult thing to own up to, coming from someone who's otherwise unswervingly on-message about how great it is to be a Sugababe. "When I say complacent, I mean we had put ourselves in boxes and said we were just singers."

"We took our eye off the ball and didn't concentrate on the performance and styling side," says Range. Though presentation is a critical factor in a chart-pop band's continuing success these days, the trio confess they'd neglected it because, crazily, they assumed fans would want to hear them sing no matter how they looked. Buchanan sighs. "The industry is changing. We used to say in interviews that we could put bin-bags over our heads and people would still come to see us. But they wouldn't now. People want to see the whole package. They want to know all about you."

Diddy

Rice Queen
Although this is what they had to say about it during Sweet 7 promo so could be 🤔

"We're still really proud of [Catfights], even though it wasn't our most successful album," says Buchanan, who's invariably first to answer questions. "I was surprised – I think Change should've got those bad reviews, because that was a lot poppier. With Catfights, we decided to go a bit old-school and stripped-back. But if we stayed in the place we were in, we'd never move on." But she finally admits they did become complacent, and that must be a difficult thing to own up to, coming from someone who's otherwise unswervingly on-message about how great it is to be a Sugababe. "When I say complacent, I mean we had put ourselves in boxes and said we were just singers."

"We took our eye off the ball and didn't concentrate on the performance and styling side," says Range. Though presentation is a critical factor in a chart-pop band's continuing success these days, the trio confess they'd neglected it because, crazily, they assumed fans would want to hear them sing no matter how they looked. Buchanan sighs. "The industry is changing. We used to say in interviews that we could put bin-bags over our heads and people would still come to see us. But they wouldn't now. People want to see the whole package. They want to know all about you."

could it not be Change then? That was the one with Dallas Austin and Dr Luke (🥴) wasn’t it?

Reactions: dUb

Jark

gave ur love away
I think they (Keisha) liked Taller and Catfights, but not Change or Sweet 7. which is understandable.

that quote about how the creative process changed is equal parts interesting and horrifying.

Kratz

Not easy to remember, and even harder to forget
But Sweet 7 is full of bops!

I was never a stan of the Sugababes (teh Satz rule!) but there’s part of me which resents Siobhan sticking her oar in too much about the history of the group - she was there for one relatively unsuccessful album, after which the direction of the group changed dramatically. I’m pleased Keisha doesn’t try to shade Heidi - she doesn’t deserve it and I doubt they would have been nearly as successful without her.

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
Heidi ruined every song. Heidi ruins everything

vanity fair television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

syl

User
Is it controversial that Siobhan would scoff at anyone preferring a line up that didn't include Keisha? Siobhan has been respectful of Heidi's contribution to the group, as far as I've seen.

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Honestly, at this point I'd rather Shiv just got them to sing BVs on solo album #3.

And by them I mean all 5. They could call themselves Liquorice All Sorts if keeping the sugar theme.

Jark

gave ur love away
why are we posting Facebook audio embeds? :D

anyway at first I was like WTF is this remix and by the end I was REALLY INTO IT

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Yeah the Overload remix is not for me but then I’m not much of a remixes kind of girl.

Bring on the actual anniversary release and promo and then the new material!!! 🤩 (🥴)

I actually really like that remix, but lets be honest - it's more a brand new track that samples Overload than a remix proper :D

I also HIGHLY DOUBT any of the girls have much to do with this "comeback" at all aside from sharing what is posted to their own accounts.
It's very obviously agency-lead, and I wouldn't be surprised if it all stops once the remixes and vaults of whatever label this album was released through (London?) are CLEARED.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Is there actually a release date for this reissue?

The effort is obviously being made by SOMEBODY with all these high profile but quite boring remixes. But I'm not getting the sense that there's much FIRE behind it.

They could absolutely pull together a one off reunion gig to celebrate the release/album, but as TAFKA wurst says, it doesn't actually feel like THEY are doing anything at all!

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
Is there actually a release date for this reissue?

1st October.

They're really overdoing this. There are much bigger albums being reissued with a lot less fanfare. New choons or GTFO.

Zu 2

JE ME FICHE
Is this still dragging on? They were never that good in the first place

Fight me @dUb

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
Yeah, which Sugababes is that meant to be? Heidi, Amelle, Keisha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom