Sugababes™

ooh that’s hot goss!
I guess that album she’s talking about must be Catfights?
I was thinking Change but forgot Amelle did record Sweet 7 too. “Disappointing” would be an understatement for the latter though.

Is it controversial that Siobhan would scoff at anyone preferring a line up that didn't include Keisha? Siobhan has been respectful of Heidi's contribution to the group, as far as I've seen.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather Shiv just got them to sing BVs on solo album #3.

And by them I mean all 5. They could call themselves Liquorice All Sorts if keeping the sugar theme.

why are we posting Facebook audio embeds? :D

anyway at first I was like WTF is this remix and by the end I was REALLY INTO IT

Yeah the Overload remix is not for me but then I’m not much of a remixes kind of girl.

Bring on the actual anniversary release and promo and then the new material!!! 🤩 (🥴)

Reactions: GNL
I actually really like that remix, but lets be honest - it's more a brand new track that samples Overload than a remix proper :D

I also HIGHLY DOUBT any of the girls have much to do with this "comeback" at all aside from sharing what is posted to their own accounts.
It's very obviously agency-lead, and I wouldn't be surprised if it all stops once the remixes and vaults of whatever label this album was released through (London?) are CLEARED.

Is there actually a release date for this reissue?

The effort is obviously being made by SOMEBODY with all these high profile but quite boring remixes. But I'm not getting the sense that there's much FIRE behind it.

They could absolutely pull together a one off reunion gig to celebrate the release/album, but as TAFKA wurst says, it doesn't actually feel like THEY are doing anything at all!

Is there actually a release date for this reissue?

1st October.

They're really overdoing this. There are much bigger albums being reissued with a lot less fanfare. New choons or GTFO.

I love how they’ll do anything to avoid releasing actual new music.

Angels With Dirty Faces re-recorded with Siobhan next.

Last edited:
WHOMEVER is under the impression that I wish to be tagged in their shitty Sugababes opinions is SORELY MISTAKEN

:D :D :D

4x6l.gif

That certainly seems like a....collection of songs. It would have been MORE essential if they had included My Love Is Pink, Good To Be Gone and a couple of b-sides though, (Hello Someone In My Bed :disco: ).

ugh I bet the singles will be the album versions and we will have to deal :gross:

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
It would have been MORE essential if they had included My Love Is Pink, Good To Be Gone and a couple of b-sides though, (Hello Someone In My Bed :disco: ).

My Love Is Pink is in CD1! Was it earmarked as a single? I have a Stonebridge remix somewhere.

I just realized they did not include ANYTHING From the Siobhan era! :D :shock:

That was a different label, though these budget compilations now more often seem to license from a range of sources. I suppose it is possible with the reissue coming up they wouldn't want to indulge this effort.

I think it does have all their other singles, apart from the admittedly floppy Follow Me Home (and Freedom if that counts). When they have live/acoustic versions on there and Freak Like Me three times it is still an annoying omission.

Spectrum/Universal missed an opportunity by not putting Overload (Trevor's Version) on the tracklist.

What a STUPID compilation - it’s almost like they don’t want people to listen to the second half of every CD.

Arctic Monkeys cover - NO THANK YOU.

What a STUPID compilation - it’s almost like they don’t want people to listen to the second half of every CD.

Arctic Monkeys cover - NO THANK YOU.

They're made to be cheap. There's only so many songs you can licence and still keep the price down, hence the use of remixes and alternates on many of these comps. It's a pretty successful series.

They're made to be cheap. There's only so many songs you can licence and still keep the price down, hence the use of remixes and alternates on many of these comps. It's a pretty successful series.

i just wonder why they decided to make it 3CDs when they really only had 2 CDs worth!

i just wonder why they decided to make it 3CDs when they really only had 2 CDs worth!

They're all 3CDs. There's a whole series of them; UB40, ABC, S Club 7, T-Rex, The Who, Heaven 17, 10cc, The Human League etc etc. They often miss the biggest hits but occasionally also produce a surprisingly fan-friendly deep dive re: b-sides and alternates. But this is by accident as the price point is the key.

I don't think they have to pad the set out with remixes, live versions at all. The "Gold" series is also 3CDs and it sells for cheap. That series has featured some new-to-CD tracks, with no repetition of songs.

Outside licensing is always an issue but I believe the UK has different royalty rules than the US, which is why UK comps can have many more tracks than similar US comps and still sell at a relatively low price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom