Sugababes™

They're made to be cheap. There's only so many songs you can licence and still keep the price down, hence the use of remixes and alternates on many of these comps. It's a pretty successful series.

Whoever is doing these series should have done a Spice Girls one then! A little bit of effort doesn't hurt.

I don't think they have to pad the set out with remixes, live versions at all. The "Gold" series is also 3CDs and it sells for cheap. That series has featured some new-to-CD tracks, with no repetition of songs.

Outside licensing is always an issue but I believe the UK has different royalty rules than the US, which is why UK comps can have many more tracks than similar US comps and still sell at a relatively low price point.

It depends how much is being asked for the key tracks. The more expensive the hits, the cheaper the rest has to be. One way or the other, to sell a 3CD set for £5-7, it can't be too expensive.

Whoever is doing these series should have done a Spice Girls one then! A little bit of effort doesn't hurt.

Not while they can still fleece the faithful with 6 new vinyl pressings of 'Spice'.

E2ADCBF2-1D45-49E6-ADEF-22A5F3F83FB8.png

Reactions: COB
I wonder what promotional DELIGHTS the gals have in store for the release

I wonder what promotional DELIGHTS the gals have in store for the release

an official Instagram Sugababes filter that apparently disappears every single pore from your face making you look like a Grand Theft Auto character?

I am ready for these work-shy wastrels to be put out to pasture and for the very sexy ESSENTIAL SUGABABES to return with sizzling new RedOne and Xenomania tracks.

(It's clear who the silhouettes really represent).

Sugababes+perform+Bloomsbury+Ballroom+part+VKRBloNz1Blx.jpg

the Majestic remix of Overload is quite brilliant

I’m all for respecting musical tastes but this sounds like it was cobbled together by an Artful Dodger tribute act who bought their instruments in LIDL.

LOOKING LOVELY at the photoshoot/whatever it was yesterday

we stan an active group

mks.png

Don’t get angry, I purposely picked the juiciest most delicious one, with a golden crispy crumb!

Siobhan and Mutya have just been chatting to Zoe Ball on Radio 2! No concrete plans for new music or touring :D but they're going to continue to make music together :eyes:

Zoe talking to Siobhan about them taking over the world and being the biggest UK girl group... 🥴

The Promises acoustic mix is the highlight of the unreleased tracks for me - is this what they opened the Sacred Three tour with?
On initial listen the "new" tracks are all nice enough, but nothing world-shattering.
'Sometimes' would have made a cute album track addition to One Touch, perhaps to add a reggae LILT to the album.

omg at the spoken bits and 90s ringtones of Girls’ Nite Out :disco:

omg!!!! at the c-grade 90s r&b GLOOP of Always Be The One :disco::disco::disco:

I was watching some MKS interviews on the Flatline promo wave the other day. I quite enjoyed Eamon Holmes getting so many facts wrong, but mostly that he pointed out that they weren't seated in order of MKS from left to right. Cue the next interview on the BBC, which I like to think was their next TV gig, where they made the correct adjustment.

8 years ago.

• Care
Reactions: dUb
Run for Cover really was the dry run for Freak Like Me. What an exciting moment for pop, and also if you also had that black and white striped top from River Island.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom