SURPRISE MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - BJORK - DEBUT - 8PM SUNDAY 03/05

The Anchor Song really does work as an after-hours closer. Could it be called a torch song? I imagine she bought chips and cried a bit on the way home.

Same for me on Spotify - I'm going to search for the song and add it to the queue.
Yeah I have Spotify on in the background. Dunno about the YouTube. It was on the CD I had back in the day.

"Play Dead" was the first of her records I owned. 7". Her entrance is just spectacular...dunno why they mixed her so far back.

The lyrics of the chorus into the second verse of Play Dead fucking kills me.

Play Dead is a little jarring in the context of the album. You can tell that it had a very different producer with a whole different production philosophy. Still a magic song though.

I mean there's really no need since this basically IS one, but I really wish they'd given her a Bond theme.

It's sometimes just like sleeping
Curling up inside my private tortures
I nestle into pain
Hug suffering
Caress every ache

I mean, fucking hell

I've just realised she's not singing tortoise, not that I've ever questioned it.

Reactions: COB
That's my absolute favourite, I think. I have an 11 song CD which has several versions and a few other songs..the one with just the strings is just unreal.

I was almost hoping no beats would come in whatsoever, but I'm already engulfed in whatever is happening. I feel like I've been swallowed by an alien vagina and not complaining one bit quite frankly.

What other major stuff has he worked on?
Wikipedia says Bedtime Story and I want You for Madonna, Back To Life for Soul II Soul and Nothing Compares 2 U fr Sinead, amongst others.

What other major stuff has he worked on?

Soul II Soul
Nothing Compares To You for Sinead O'Connor
Protection for Massive Attack
Bedtime Stories and I Want You for Madonna
No Doubt and Gwen Stefani

I haven't heard a thing since Homogenic. Unison has started.. I'll call it a night after this and consider myself prepped for more later.

My Spotify has taken me into Goldfrapp's Happiness and now Grace's La Vie En Rose.

I very much approve of this groove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom