SYCO Music no longer in operation (pray 4 PRETTYMUCH)

this is where the twitter people are getting the info from - he was on BGT or something

EghA3YrUwAUVDbF

Have we considered that they might still be in operation and this is just their way of telling Tokio Myers that he's been dropped?

"When's my new album coming out?" "Oh. That. Um. Label's shut down. Darndest thing."

God at one point they were one of the most profitable bits of Sony music? But really what a terrible record label. Talk about squandering artists.

Can’t help but feel this is caused by their relentless attempts to make PRETTYMUCH happen
I'm surprised they've stayed signed as long as they have. Simon seemed to have washed his hands of them around the time he forgot the name of their single while introducing them on X Factor. Or if not then, definitely as soon as the Ed Sh**ran single wasn't a big hit.

No reflection on the quality of the music of course. Try the Moopy PRETTYMUCH challenge: pick any song by them and you'll find that it's very good.

Didn’t Sony effectively fire Cowell, hence Syco ceasing? Sorry I mean “part ways all the best for the future” rather than firing?

Reinstate ‘This’ by Megan McKenna to streaming platforms!!!!1

Reactions: dUb
Is Simon Cowell the most overrated music mogul ever? Has he ever managed to sustain a pop career? His one and only mechanic for launching an act was “TV vehicle” which was admittedly very successful but talk about one note.

I can only think of One Direction and Little Mix - and Little Mix jumped ship pretty quick.

Little mix only jumped ship during their last album, no?

Was he involved on a music level with the Idol winners or was he just a judge?

As oddly alot of the American Idols have had pretty sustained careers (Kelly, Adam, Carrie, Chris Daughtry etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom