Taliban: THE COMEBACK

One day the western allies will learn, you either don't go in or you go in for much much longer than you ever anticipate. Wars cannot be faught by simply going in and pulling out again when you get bored. I am not a big fan of interventionist military action in the first place, but you certainly can't fuck around and leave and hope everything will be okay.
And when you eventually leave do it with some constructive self-criticism, a plan and without pointing the finger to the people you left unprotected or the puppet government you've put in office.

Many countries have announced that they’ll be helping Afghan refugees fleeing Taliban while this ABSOLUTE RANCID CUNT announced that France will do everything to stop illegal immigration from Afghanistan :manson: So fucking ashamed

Austria is taking a similar line. I guess there are fears of another migrant crisis similar to the Syrian shit show a few years ago so they’re opting for a humanitarian disaster instead.

Sadly I can’t see many European governments taking a different approach in the long term, particularly with the far-right still bubbling away in many countries.

I’m sure when the Afghan refugees actually turn up in the UK, for example, there will be lots of bleating about the ‘safe countries’ they have passed through from the usual pricks.

Austria is taking a similar line. I guess there are fears of another migrant crisis similar to the Syrian shit show a few years ago so they’re opting for a humanitarian disaster instead.

Sadly I can’t see many European governments taking a different approach in the long term, particularly with the far-right still bubbling away in many countries.
What far-right bubbling away? Fear of having the far-right in power has made us do so many stupid things including electing far-right leaders. This cunt right there is giving the likes of Le Pen a run for their money.

Reactions: COB
This is a military cargo plane that decided to take some folk.

Screenshot_20210817-095929_Facebook.jpg

Everything about this is absolutely insane and utterly depressing.

I'd rather not comment about the position of e.g. the Austrian chancellor. But he's rotten to the core and we all knew that.

I can’t imagine what it must be like for the children who have grown up there in the last 20 years to now be faced with the prospect of having everything they’ve known snatched away in a matter of days. Absolutely terrifying.

SO what was the point in the first place?

That first tweet by Biden seems rather unfair - those forces have spent years trying to defend the country (alongside NATO allies) but have (I understand) not been paid in months and, as communications broke down, presumably had no idea what was going on in the country. I expect there was little central command left.

Biden has always been largely anti-interventionist I think, certainly in Afghanistan as the war continued. He opposed the 2009 ‘surge’ quite strongly.

Oh if that's the case then LOAD THEM UP quite frankly :D

it is mad that we are only really seeing images from Kabul (population FOUR MILLION) and not the rest of the country.
There are some interesting analogies to this - namely when luxury liners were repurposed during wartime. I think it was the Queen Mary which was designed for about 2,500 passengers on a tourist basis but would regularly ship 15,000 troops across the Atlantic.

Talking as a complete non-expert but I think that regardless of how fast or slow the US and its allies would have withdrawn their armies, it would eventually have resulted in the Taliban taking over anyway. In a way it’s almost better that the regime change happened so fast without real battles inside the cities with lots of civilian deaths.

I can’t imagine what it must be like for the children who have grown up there in the last 20 years to now be faced with the prospect of having everything they’ve known snatched away in a matter of days. Absolutely terrifying.
This is exactly what depresses me the most. The feeling of helplessness and suffocation you must feel when someone pulls the carpet from under your feet like this.
Not just at Afghanistan, but everywhere that they've had a shift from normality to theocracy.

The Taliban just a bunch of COUNTRY BOYS who want an Afghanistan which is INCLUSIVE FOR ALL :)

Sir Nick Carter to Taliban: “What a trustworthy looking bunch of fellows”.

And yesterday was the press conference of that Taliban PR spokesperson where he basically said that our sisters will be working next to us under Sharia law.
Isn't that an oxymoron? Really don't know what to make of all these.

I'm finding it so difficult to understand all the facets of this story 😟 All I'm getting are excuses from governments who are to self-interested to actually do anything substantial.

And now the Afghani president has surfaced in the UAE

This is looking messier as the days go by. Russia is said to sell guns to Afghanistan neighbor countries, Taliban asks Turkey's support, a terrorist attack is rumoured to happen in the airport, the west gradually stops evacuation flights, very few want to take refugees in, an Australian man was kidnapped and beaten while trying to evacuate.

Look at the wording here:

The "overwhelming majority" of eligible people have now been evacuated from Afghanistan by the UK, the prime minister has said.

Eligible. Never has that word felt so sinister to me.

I mean Dominic Raab’s language was awful. Referring to people who were ‘mono-nationals’, meaning people with dual citizenship could get fucked. Outrageous stuff

Raab's absolute uselessness has really been thrown into very sharp relief. He was bad enough as Brexit Secretary but he's not just a dismal Foreign Secretary, he's a dangerous one.

There will be a bomb today.
Bomb goes off.

Yup, it's a sign of what I presume to be utter anarchy, terror and fear on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom