Targeted Advertising

Lucille

Soy más zorra todavía
What’s the strangest targeted advertising you’ve received? I’m feeling particularly attacked having just received one on Instagram from a LONDON BASED RENTBOY.

I always get TOP TIPS TO CLEAN OUT YOUR EARS after I clean my ears :eyes:

Just going to check instagram and see what the first sponsored content I get is...

Mine is ridiculously spot on

Screenshot-20210202-190700-Instagram.jpg

The day I turned 40 I started getting erection problem cures.

I also remember the day I split up with Mr Navy and finally changed my status to “single”, all my FB advertising changed to gay camping trips for lonely men :D :(

'28 and Single' was the classic back in the day before FB really developed data harvesting.

Oh yeah, I’ve got him too. And totally stopped scrolling when he hit me.

Hopefully my impending birthday will get me some targeted advertising and free samples for Tena Men :disco:

You want to see what happens when you change the gender marker on yr social media profiles.

You can turn them off altogether I think. Or something equivalent to it anyway.

I recently had an Instagram ad for a lamp that looked like the one I had bought in TK Maxx a week before and that I had described to a friend during a call. Now that was creepy.
I once also got an ad for a fleshlight, I swear I hadn't googled or searched for one though :D

I get a lot of adds for TACKY GAY UNDERWEAR. Not ideal when I used to have to be on facebook ALL DAY at work. It's like a HYDRA'S HEAD, every time I say 'I don't want to see this ad!' another BULGE IN NEON LYCRA springs forth.

I keep getting ads for the same products that I’ve already bought. I feel like I’ve cheated the algorithm.

I googled thickening hair shampoo once 3 months ago and it’s practically the only advert I’ve seen on social media since, my hair is not quite that bad yet thank you algorithm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom