Tattoos?

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
Have you got any? Where and what? Feel free to show. And would you consider getting one? What are your thoughts on tattoos aesthetically, and also in terms of attractiveness?

I'm considering either a tattoo or piercings somewhere but I'm not sure. I've considered ears for a while but I'm thinking nipple.

In terms of tattoos I have this big idea of getting a poem drawn out in images down arm in a sleeve.

Have you got any? Where and what? Feel free to show. And would you consider getting one? What are your thoughts on tattoos aesthetically, and also in terms of attractiveness?

I'm considering either a tattoo or piercings somewhere but I'm not sure. I've considered ears for a while but I'm thinking nipple.

In terms of tattoos I have this big idea of getting a poem drawn out in images down arm in a sleeve.

Ox in black-ink (done in cave-painting style) on my left shoulder-blade. Got it done when I was 22. I like it. I am considering another, but I have been considering another 1 for over 10 years so it's a slow process.

They're ok when the body is nice and firm but las you get older they loose their attractiveness. Anyway whatever you choose I'm sure it'll be alright.

I'd love to read all of them but I just dont have time. The spice one is ace.

I think you have to go for something that suits you and something that isn't going to look shit in 4 or 5 years.

Also, will a tattoo suit you? You've got a really slight frame. I'd have looked stupid with oe when i was skinny but now I am all man I'm planning on getting something done.

oh the reply didn't send.

yeah, perhaps i'd need to build up my arm beforehand if I ever did consider a sleeve. and flabbiness when I get older is a worry indeed. my mum is firmly on the side of a piercing.

what would you like to get ron?

I want a chest piece of Geri Halliwell's face with all her most inspirational and thinspirational lyrics.

One of my fire troupe girls mentioned that she had a phoenix tattooed on her foof. I was expecting a dainty thing on her groin but she half-pulled down her knickers and it's a huge colourful thing going from hipbone to hipbone, across her lower abs and pubic bone area! :disco:

It might get all distorted if she gets pregnant though.

Last edited:
oh the reply didn't send.

yeah, perhaps i'd need to build up my arm beforehand if I ever did consider a sleeve. and flabbiness when I get older is a worry indeed. my mum is firmly on the side of a piercing.

what would you like to get ron?

Geometric but not all angles and squares, more sacred geometry and mandalas, in a sleeve, left arm, darker at the top fading down to mere linework by the time it gets to just above the wrist.

Trouble is not only am I quite a perfectionist with artistic things, I get bored. I'm redesigning my company website today after 6 months, admittedly the first one is a rush job but even still I'll probably change this one in 6 months. I do fear I'll get something then want something else. I suppose that's why people end up covered in ink though.

I love this but its far too dark for me:

3041f34e5f8b845da08e0846b133b307.jpg

Some sleeves look very nice, but on the whole I think they're SUPER DOUCHEY.

I just have the one - here it is being modelled by a celebrity:

Bjork%20with%20Tattoo%20B%26W.jpg

(Mine's on the inner forearm though)

I will reply to this properly at a later date, but for now i'm going to boycott it.
i'm afraid i'm 7 days into a 9 day week working in tattoo world . I also spent the whole weekend working and drinking at a tattoo convention which is just an excuse for a bunch of conceited dickheads to parade themselves around and congratulate each other on how clever and brave they are.
As of next week i'm having my excessive number of tattoos LASERED off and i'm going to go and get a 'proper' job.

:o surely not!

Ha. No - I was just having a meltdown. I had a couple come into work with their baby. They both wanted graffiti lettering massive across their faces. One to say "synergy" and the other, "stardust". They weren't worried about the implications it might have on them getting jobs in the future as they "don't plan on ever working". It's given me a renewed zest for life.

Ha. No - I was just having a meltdown. I had a couple come into work with their baby. They both wanted graffiti lettering massive across their faces. One to say "synergy" and the other, "stardust". They weren't worried about the implications it might have on them getting jobs in the future as they "don't plan on ever working". It's given me a renewed zest for life.

BLOODY HELL.

Did you refuse to do them? I know it's their choice etc.

BLOODY HELL.

Did you refuse to do them? I know it's their choice etc.
Yes. I told them it wasn't going to happen - politely.
Their response was that they were going to get it done whatever happens. They wanted to come to us because they thought we are "the best" (rightly so ;) ) but if we refused they were willing to go to someone who would do a bad job. In these situations I think there is a moral responsibility not to tattoo these people. Not to mention it would undoubtably damage the reputation of the artist and the studio.

Their response was that they were going to get it done whatever happens. They wanted to come to us because they thought we are "the best" (rightly so ;) ) but if we refused they were willing to go to someone who would do a bad job. In these situations I think there is a moral responsibility not to tattoo these people. Not to mention it would undoubtably damage the reputation of the artist and the studio.

Oh completely.

Like seriously - who in their right mind would get that tattooed on their face?!

That's a really good response from your end!

None as of yet, but am thinking about it more and more. I want something to commemorate sort of everything, getting through the bad and appreciating the good.

I have a pink elephant just above my left ankle. Got it a month before my 30th birthday and I forget it's there a lot of the time.

That little elephant is gorgeous! They're my favourite animal and as a symbol I think they're just gorgeous.

As for tattoos.. not my style. I went through a piercing phase but I'm fickle so I'd definitely regret a tattoo.

I used to drink quite a lot in my youth, before I had the spawn and many years before I got the tattoo done, and in Dumbo there's a psychadelic song about pink elephants on parade that I used to love. So I got a cute little pink elephant.

It'll also be useful if anybody ever needs to identify my body because I've never seen anybody else with one! :D

I don't know where I stand on tattoos on me. On one hand I genuinely think I would suit a few on the arms as it it would go with my dark colouring, but knowing my temperamental attitude to everything I just know I would end up not liking it in a year.

For me a tattoo would be purely for accessory. It wouldn't have any deep meaning or be in a place hidden from everyone else.

This is the sort of thing I'd get:
tumblr_mnt1m62Dsb1r3lsywo1_500.jpg

I am definitely a "like them on others but not myself person" - I'd frankly look RIDICULOUS and I'd get bored of it after a week or so, knowing me.

I definitely like that elephant there. My favorite that I see on women are the foot flower. The little pink ele looks nice tho.

Would look absolutely ridiculous on me, but I think they look really sexy on a certain type of (chavvy) fantasy lover.

So on a lot of the churches here there are 3 crosses

san-carlos-church-ibiza.JPG

I'm having that at the top of my spine soon. Not because I'm religious, just because I really fucking like it.

You shouldn't limit your appeal to Christian nutters only Ron.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom