Taylor Hawkins DEAD

@Tisch woke me up to tell me this, which I didn't appreciate at the time, but now I'm awake it's hit me. I know he's known for the Foo Fighters, but he was also Alanis' drummer when she was huge. They fell out but recently reconnected again.

@Tisch woke me up to tell me this, which I didn't appreciate at the time, but now I'm awake it's hit me. I know he's known for the Foo Fighters, but he was also Alanis' drummer when she was huge. They fell out but recently reconnected again.
And we watched him very recently in the Alanis documentary, so it is really quite shocking.

They were in the middle of a tour apparently.

Oh wow. Foo Fighters were distinctively a three-piece. I remember them forming post Nirvana.

That is a shock. I just watched him in that naff horror film they did.

The first album was exclusively Dave Grohl, and the second album was mostly Grohl with a few session musicians. But yes, after that.

Sad at this news though. Taylor Hawkins was a proper talent.
Not how I remember it, but I trust you more than my own memory.

Yes, Grohl made the first album by himself. The second was made by the group but Grohl replaced most of the drums. Said drummer quit and that was when Hawkins came in. Pat Smear quit and they made an album as a trio.

Anyway, this is sad, especially if it was drug-related. I hate it when people die because of addiction. We don't take it seriously enough. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom