Taylor Swift - folklore [New Album]

She also broke seven records.

*First artist ever to debut atop Hot 100 & Billboard 200 simultaneously
*First woman to debut two songs in top five simultaneously
*The artist with most Hot 100 entries among women
*Highest first-day Spotify streams 80,6mil
*Highest one-week Spotify steams 402mil
*Most Digital Hot 100 #1s
*First artist to have 7 albums debut with more than 500k in the U.S.
One has no choice but to stan.

My CD has been posted from my “local” store. Should have it tomorrow morning! Dying to hear “the lakes”!

i have been employing folklore lyrics in my daily life and it's been working splendidly.

Mr. joanne: we have been drifting apart since corona happened... why?
joanne: we were something, don't you think sooo?

joanne's boss: you didn't hand in your monthly report in time.
joanne: in my defense, i have nooone.

and yes, i said them in italic.

Bit disappointed with “the lakes”. Production wise it doesn’t exactly fit with the rest of the album, and while it’s very pretty, it feels like half a song.

(I’ll probably adore it in a couple of days)

Suspiciously, I got a dispatch notice for my CD e-mailed to me at 00:57 today. Really? Dispatched how exactly? Did you tie it to a badger?

Can't think *what* they might be trying to achieve by staggering the pre-orders. :eyes:

folklore debuts with 1.013.000 units in the Global Chart, which doesn't count China and other Asian charts where it also shipped another 1 million copies.. that's 2 million copies in one week WW but we don't have a chart that counts both Western and Asian charts.

she's the only artist in history to debut with 1 million units WW six times.

and this is her "Bedtime Stories." (at this point she's already surpassed Madonna sales and success wise please don't @ me @Suedey @HeLikedTurner).

folklore debuts with 1.013.000 units in the Global Chart, which doesn't count China and other Asian charts where it also shipped another 1 million copies.. that's 2 million copies in one week WW but we don't have a chart that counts both Western and Asian charts.

and this is her "Bedtime Stories." (at this point she's already surpassed Madonna sales and success wise please don't @ me @Suedey @HeLikedTurner).

Honestly, when you’re talking about ‘success’, by this point in her career, Madonna had surpassed anything that Taylor Swift will ever achieve in her entire career. It’s a bit of a joke to claim otherwise. Swift is massive in the US, and that’s about it. She’s a mediocre seller pretty much everywhere else. And let’s not even get into a discussion on cultural significance, because that would be simply embarrassing.

Last edited:
this is her "Bedtime Stories." (at this point she's already surpassed Madonna sales and success wise please don't @ me @Suedey @HeLikedTurner).

@joanne

giphy.gif

Is T-Swift wants to go all indie Mom n Pop shop on us, she'll need to learn a bit about packaging. A CD in a flimsy card envelope? I could hear the teeth from the inner tray rattling before I even opened the thing. Still, I have spares...

1 million in Asia sounds like world class folklore to ME

Honestly, when you’re talking about ‘success’, by this point in her career, Madonna had surpassed anything that Taylor Swift will ever achieve in her entire career. It’s a bit of a joke to claim otherwise. Swift is massive in the US, and that’s about it. She’s a mediocre seller pretty much everywhere else. And let’s not even get into a discussion on cultural significance, because that would be simply embarrassing.

OH DO SHUT UP

I noticed there was even a fucking folklore POSTCARD pack in HMV today.

Taylor Swift not massive in the UK! (despite two weeks at #1 with folklore, and 14 top 10 singles in the last decade)

Taylor Swift not massive in the UK! (despite two weeks at #1 with folklore, and 14 top 10 singles in the last decade)

She's popular in the UK, but *nothing* like Madonna was in the 80s and 90s, and definitely not "massive". Not even close.

if you think Taylor Swift is not massive in the UK (and globally) then I'm afraid you are either wildly out of touch or full on delusional hun. She is THE biggest star of the 10s in pop.

everybody will be happier when we stop trying to draw constantly useless parallels to Madonna.

Maybe some posters are very young...but Madonna was SO MASSIVE in the 80s. I don't think the under-30s really appreciate that. One of my best friends thought her career was sort of moderate before "Ray of Light". I think that might be more common than I thought!

Anyway can we move on from this conversation please? It's just irrelevant and pointless. I wish to be disengaged from this narrative which I had no interest in being a part of since @joanne's first post about it 4 pages ago.

if you think Taylor Swift is not massive in the UK (and globally) then I'm afraid you are either wildly out of touch or full on delusional hun. She is THE biggest star of the 10s in pop.

everybody will be happier when we stop trying to draw constantly useless parallels to Madonna.

If Taylor Swift is "massive in the UK", then how would you term Adele's success? Or Gaga's? Do you realise that Gaga sold more in the UK of her first two albums than Taylor Swift's 8 albums? She's popular...NOT massive.

And you can fuck right off with your "wildly out of touch or full on delusional hun".

:D why are you comparing with imperial era Gaga and fucking Adele?! You know that they are well beyond anyone else in the game. You can be massive without having the biggest selling albums of all time!

Gaga is still huge and Chromatica is unlikely to sell as many as Lover or Folklore in the long run!

Maybe some posters are very young...but Madonna was SO MASSIVE in the 80s. I don't think the under-30s really appreciate that. One of my best friends thought her career was sort of moderate before "Ray of Light". I think that might be more common than I thought!
Oh yes we can't possibly imagibe how huge Madonna was. :side-eye:

The lack of vinyl was a shame, so I bought Lover on vinyl instead.

Vinyl of "folklore" isn't coming until November. which I dare say will give the album a completely coincidental (:eyes:) chart boost as the festive season approaches.

No one is pitching women against one another

So anyway back to Katy v Taylor :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom