Taylor Swift - Reputation

A stripped-down acoustic album would be a good move for her actually. An "Unplugged" with a couple of new songs. Like hitting the reset button in a way.
Well, she wrote a whole bunch of new songs and made two of them but 'folklore' and 'evermore' really did hit a reset button for her, to superb effect.
Seems clear that her people were telling her to stay out of politics and, now that the US leg of the tour is done, she feels she can speak. Cynical but smart. Which kinda sums up how she rolls.
Well, we actually got to see people try to talk her out of it in the film. :o

I’m years late but I’ve really got into Getaway Car of late.

Given she was finding it hard to grab a hit at this point, is there any logical reason why that wasn’t released as a single? It’s such a massive pop song I would’ve expected that it would’ve been right there for the label to release with an incredibly obvious Bonnie and Clyde video to go with it.
she wanted to have a bad reputation, bad reputation... for releasing bad singles.

I'm not sure why it never got released but the singles choices were weird. they pushed ...Ready For It? which came and went, and End Game, which basically flopped and derailed everything. I think Delicate got great airplay but didn't peak very highly in most places. and then it all fizzled out.

it could've been so easy though

01 Look What You Made Me Do
02 ...Ready For It? (instant grat)
03 Getaway Car
04 Delicate
05 King of My Heart

they really messed up. but the album did pretty well anyway and had legs.

Just saw Getaway Car has now gone Gold in the UK for passing 400k. Without a release!

DON'T blame me
LOVE made me crazy
if it DOESN'T
you ain't DOIN' IT RIGHT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom