Taylor Swift - Reputation

"This song is called I Did Something Bad *crowd dramatically GASP :o*
:D!

It really is quite something. I'm always a bit surprised there are people behaving like crazed stans IN REAL LIFE, not just in dark corners of the internet. They have no shame :disco:

I imagine I would have been exactly the same at a Catfights & Spotlights secret listen party.

"This one is called Side Chick and it's about a boy who needs to get his head checked."
"KEISHA HE NEEDS HIS HEAD CHECKED IF HE'S PLAYING YOU, QUEEN!"

In more Swiftian news, the album is looking at a first week of 1.4 million in pure sales which is just huge.

I don't think this will be a Born This Way scenario either where no more hits are produced to sustain it. She just needs the right singles - Ready For It was a complete disaster of a choice and has had no legs. She can't release the terrible End Game. It has to be Getaway Car surely to showcase the Antonoff/pop side of the album. Delicate would also work, as would King Of My Heart.

I think ‘End Game’ is quite ok as a single choice. The actual line up of featured artists looks hateful but I think the “reputation precedes me, and rumours are knee deep” hook is fab.

I'm falling in love with "...Ready for It?" all over again. That beat just goes so hard.

In the last eight hours I’ve actually decided that ‘End Game’ is quite a tremendous song. But it doesn’t feel like a tremendous Taylor Swift song, although that barely makes sense.

Also, I think at the root of what doesn’t QUITE work about the lyrical content is that the self pitying schtick is right out of her country music roots where it’s contextually much more at home. It’s a bit jarring to string that same sentiment over a 15 track pop album where even the most self-aware acts wouldn’t be quite so narcissistic.

End Game is complete shite. It feels like it lasts about seven years. Years without Christmasses.

End Game is complete shite. It feels like it lasts about seven years. Years without Christmasses.

I look forward to it debuting at #4 with a bullet on your decade so far...countdown.

Disappointed 'This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things' didn't end with her face down in her champagne pool. She is just incredibly unlikable.

This is a really unstimulating follow-up to the pretty fantastic 1989.

I’m quite enjoying it the more I listen to it.

Although I don’t think I’ll ever not CRINGE at “AHHAHA! I can’t even say it with a straight face”

I’m quite enjoying it the more I listen to it.

Although I don’t think I’ll ever not CRINGE at “AHHAHA! I can’t even say it with a straight face”

I can't get past 'BIG REPUTATION! BIG REPUTATION! *generic rap ad-lib*' without cringing.

Crap sales to be expected with crap singles.

The next releases should be:

3. Don't Blame Me
4. Delicate
5. Getaway Car

But of course she will release End Game and This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, so when she does FINALLY choose a good song as fifth single it will limp in at 55 on the Hot 100.

(no, I'm still not over Out Of The Woods)

I hope that now the album is OUT, she won’t need to keep releasing the “statement” singles and could pick some decent ones.

I’ll take (in no particular order):

End Game
Delicate
Getaway Car
Dancing With Our Hands Tied.

I expect (in no particular order):

End Game
Gorgeous
I Did Something Bad
Dress
This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things.

I would actually love to see her faux-gangsta patois fully realised with ‘I Did Something Bad’. What a complete hot mess that would be.

I have been listening to this in bits and pieces and LOVE "End Game". That is all for now.

Now that I've had time to absorb the album... it's quite good, and better than I expected, but still not a patch on 1989.

09 ‘…Ready For It?’
10 ‘End Game’ (feat. Ed Sheeran and Future) - Future adds nothing (neither does Sheeran but he at least sounds more in place, vocally, with Taylor) but this is easily the strongest melody/hook/chorus of the album. SLAIN.
07 ‘I Did Something Bad’
07 ‘Don’t Blame Me’
08 ‘Delicate’
05 ‘Look What You Made Me Do’ - i only like it for the "i got stronger..." hook but this has already dated horribly
08 ‘So It Goes…’ - big grower
07 ‘Gorgeous
08 'Getaway Car’ - I was expecting this to be my favorite after all the rave reviews. It's very good but I was expecting more "Style" influence I guess
06 ‘King Of My Heart’
06 ‘Dancing With Our Hands Tied’ - kind of lazy
08 ‘Dress’ - I really like it but this is blatantly just a re-write of "I Don't Wanna Live Forever", even in how she uses her voice
04 ‘This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things’
09 ‘Call It What You Want’ - this is refreshingly understated. it would be a lovely single with a nice wintry video and it would really elevate it to hit status i think
06 ‘New Year’s Day’ - this is apparently the "country single" (??) it's nice enough in a warm, coffee house sort of way but it's no "Clean" as far as these type of songs go

I'm really obsessed with Gorgeous this week. It's Taylor parodying Taylor (or so I choose to believe) but it's so fucking good!

If you've got a girlfriend i'm jealous of HER
But if you're single that's honestly WORSE

I like it but it’s too long and the quality is an undeniable dip from 1989. I need to give it a few more listens and then make a playlist of the best 10 or so tracks

time for a best to worst I think

10 Delicate
10 Getaway Car
09 Don't Blame Me
09 King of My Heart
09 Gorgeous
08 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things :disco:
08 New Year's Day
08 Dancing With Our Hands Tied
07 So It Goes...
07 Dress
06 Ready For It?
06 Call It What You Want
03 Look What You Made Me Do
02 I Did Something Bad
01 Endgame

The best thing to come out of this 'era'

time for a best to worst I think
01 Endgame

looks like this era will be filled with bad decisions as the single choices have been AWFUL and it keeps getting WORSE.

Ed CUNTING Sheeran has confirmed they're filming a video for Endgame. Trust ol'Chucky doll to ruin things.

I MEAN, isn't this a face you'd like to punch (not to promot violence, I love everyone etc but he needs to stop ruining music and christmas)

DP0sjEsWAAIfkcd.jpg

I've been enjoying this album. It's not her best work and I'm definitely ready for her to move on from this perfectly polished pop stuff but it's got some great moments. The Jack Antonoff stuff elevates it for me and I definitely think it's time to sack off Max Martin - although I recognise those songs are the hits, she could be a bit more adventurous with someone else.

Rate

08 ‘…Ready For It?’
06 ‘End Game’
07 ‘I Did Something Bad’
08 ‘Don’t Blame Me’
09 ‘Delicate’
07 ‘Look What You Made Me Do’
08 ‘So It Goes…’
08 ‘Gorgeous
08 'Getaway Car’
08 ‘King Of My Heart’
05 ‘Dancing With Our Hands Tied’
08 ‘Dress’ -
07 ‘This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things’
08 ‘Call It What You Want’
09 ‘New Year’s Day’

jesus christ fuck me with a BAT this album is VERY VERY awful, what was she thinking? I'm not talking about the whole "boo hoo I'm playing victim" concept of the album but sonically it all sounds like one big boring megamix.

what the hell is up with Max Martin? how many times did he recycle the same beat used in Ready For It?? I swear there are about three other songs with the exact same backing track. Getaway Car is a poor man's Style and the ballads, not one of them stands out except maybe New Year's Day cause of some country thwang.
Whatever happened to her big pop choruses? The single releases so far make Bad Blood sound like Baby One More Time in comparison and also something I noticed in this album is how it highlights that Tay Tay has lost her ability to sing decently sorting to sparse choruses consisting of a small phrase repeatedly over and over again.

All we want is a few bops and please leave out the half arsed narratives! with 1989 we had the GOD GIVEN GIFTS Out Of The Woods, Style and New Romantics.

this is why we can't have nice things is SO fucking ridiculous and I really love it :D

Just been playing this as it turned up in my Xmas pile. It's overlong but much better than I'd been led to believe. Don't Blame Me and Ready For It are fabulous.

So I picked this up when it went for £6 on Amazon out of curiosity more than anything else, having eventually gotten round to "1989" simply cause I loved "Blank Space".

And you know, it's really quite good. "Look What You Made Me Do" could be offputting and it's also one of the most frustrating records of recent times for me- I absolutely love the verses and bridge, but the chorus (if you can call it that) is dreadful and ruins what could have been a 10/10 for me. I'm loving "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" mostly as well- the more deranged she is the better if you ask ME...

I could watch all of her last videos back to back and couldn't tell them apart
queen of visuals

Taylor is so relatable, it reminds me of all the time I spend partying on yachts, taking a dog to the club and actively choosing to be around Ed Sheeran.

I've just had to try and explain to my colleagues why I'm laughing :D

ISN'T IT? ISN'T IT? ISN'T IT?
ISN'T IT?
ISN'T IT? ISN'T IT? ISN'T IT?
ISN'T IT?

:D

I can't at some of this fat bitch's lyrics. Her best video tho imo.

I'm glad she's following my release strategy so far. Like the video, LOVE the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom