Tech questions that don't deserve their own thread

straightorbroken

rebel heart
So I recently bought a physical copy of Dana International's 2007 masterpiece Ha'Kol Ze Le'Tova for the sole purpose of burning the included music videos, but my usual method of burning DVDs does not work due to the CD format. I've tried googling, but to no avail. Any ideas how to burn these cinematic shorts to my hard drive please? Toda in advance.

If they are videos on CD, they should be in a Windows video format like MPG or MOV. Can you use File Explorer to find them in the CD, copy them to your computer and use your software to make a DVD with the video files?

Always on the pulse, I've now read the replies :D I'll give this a bash tonight.

I have another question though: how do people on youtube make upscaled versions of non-HD files? I've just seen someone do it with one of my favourite films, Gilda (1946), and now want to do it with all my collection basically.

How come the electricity flows faster in some parts of the country than others?

How come the electricity flows faster in some parts of the country than others?
How do you mean?

The GB Grid is all the same standard, there are minor fluctuations because of supply and demand, and because of transformers etc different geographic areas will have negligible differences.

NI is part of the Irish grid, which has slightly different regulations I think. However, the difference isn't significant, at least for users, as the same plugs and appliances work anywhere in the UK (and the EU as a whole, with adaptors). Whereas the US has more noticeable differences in standards (takes much longer to boil an electric kettle in the US)

The electricity where my Mum lives is so much faster than where I live. My phone charges much quicker there.

So there may be two reasons for this.

You are using a fast charger at your mum's when you don't normally, which is designed to charge the phone faster. The electricity supply itself hasn't changed, just the way it is utilised (some form of electricity transformation in the charger that I don't fully understand).

Difference in the housing wiring. This is less likely, especially if you are plugged straight into the wall, but fast chargers only work when they have the supply they need. If you have dodgy wiring in your flat it may not be at the required voltage to fast charge. More likely, you are using a multi-strip that isn't passing that voltage through for whatever reason (either by fault or by design)

Your phone should also say if it is fast charging on the lock screen
markup_62823.png

Ok any ideas with this - my internet abruptly cut out while watching Disney plus earlier, and the wifi on my phone cut out too. I tried resetting the router, and Disney came back. I thought maybe it was just being a cunt because I did a surprisingly high speed download yesterday.

I thought that was it, it let me watch a movie on my TV albeit with semi regular breaks to buffer and annoy me.

I turned on my laptop and nothing seems able to get it to connect to the internet - it’s connecting to the router but the router isn’t doing shit.

Thoughts? I was going to hook my laptop up to the LAN cable in my router but realised I’ve changed my laptop last year and there’s no LAN port, so now getting my old laptop out of retirement (it needs a charge) which does

Oh I forgot it was also complaining it couldn’t find the DNS server
This has happened to me a few times. Usually changing the DNS server work:”s. Also properly resetting router rather than turning it off and on again tends to work:

It usually happens when I accidentally leave a VPN on overnight when torrenting a large number of files and the ISP detects something is wrong. I’ve since stopped leaving it on unattended.

Where is the setting to accept cookies everywhere I go? I am fed up of answering the same BUGGERY BOLLOCKY question over and over again.

Also certain adblocks have cookie filters. Google can tell you which will work for you

My laptop is no more and I need a new one. By new, I mean previously owned. And costing as little as possible.
I don’t need it to do anything fancy. Just type documents and access the internet on. But I haven’t a clue what I’m doing or looking for. Any advice please?

Many times a day that creepy robotic voice from my phone gets activated and says "the time is hh:mm post or ante meridiem". I've googled it and switched off the talkback function from accessibility options but it still tells me the time without asking it 🤷‍♂️

I keep all my passwords for various sites, email accounts etc on the Notepad on my phone. However, it's just occurred to me that this might be a bit unsafe if anyone got hold of my phone.

Where can I store all my passwords so I don't forget them?

I keep all my passwords for various sites, email accounts etc on the Notepad on my phone. However, it's just occurred to me that this might be a bit unsafe if anyone got hold of my phone.

Where can I store all my passwords so I don't forget them?
Put a password on your notepad files, and/or use Face ID to open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom