Tennis 2021

cwej

User
Well seeing as the first slam has finished (pretty successfully on the whole considering) I guess it's time for this topic. The two pre-tournament favourites both had their struggles but came through the two weeks unscathed in the end. Really loving the rise of Osaka to some kind of GOAT on hard courts. Hope she can bring it on other surfaces too now.

And very pleased for Djokovic. Want him to take the top GS from Nadal and Djokovic and shut all the naysayers up sooner rather than later.

Also totally stanning what is probably completely unintentional shade but hilarious anyway:

this Osaka thing has blown up real fast.

@Beverley do you think she was right to withdraw? obviously that is her right but it also kinda seems like the four Slams gave her an ultimatum. and her response statement suggests she might be taking time out of tennis altogether. really intense situation :o

Does anybody really care about post-match interviews anyway? Apart from just elongating coverage, when was the last time a player had any great interesting insights into their win/loss after a match?

Djokovic-Nadal is so good that even CHER is tweeting about it! :disco:

Amazing achievement for Djokovic, I think he could do the grand slam this year. I enjoyed the match though wasn’t on edge of my seat as he (probably understandably) was a tad flat for the first hour or so and the match didn’t really have them both playing well at the same time for the majority of it.

Is no-one watching this? @Apocalypt Flyer ?

Yep, I was watching for first 3 1/2 sets, then I had other business to attend to.

Very much agreed with @BoysForSeles on both accounts - the match fell a little flat despite going the distance; and I think he has a realistic shot at winning the Grand Slam, possibly even Golden Slam. I'm wondering if he'll be able to pace himself better for the Olympics this year (at least he won't draw Del Potro in the first round).

Anyways. What a tournament. I'm not working in tennis anymore but even as a bystander that was INCREDIBLY EXHAUSTING on so many levels.

I’ve jinxed it. I was half watching the first two sets, went to make a meal and sat down with Andy about to take it at 5-0. Now I’m properly watching the set has gone to shit.

In better news, Liam Broady and Katie Boulter both advance to the second round. Heather Watson likely too, but she has a habit of almost winning and then flopping hard.

Andy, if you lose to one of the two (alleged 😒) abusers, I swear to God. Especially after blowing that lead.

Poor Eva, she could be HOME with the KIDS, now she has to deal with a malfunctioning scoreboard and two men who won't hold.

HASN'T SHE SUFFERED ENOUGH? :(

Eddie, stop being such a killjoy. :D

(But yeah, nowhere near his best but happy he got it done at the end).

So glad Carlita got that Centre Court send-off after that bleak match after curfew in Paris. Fun second set, too.

Once again the tennis more exciting than a literally pointless football match. Anyone watching Federer/Mannarino?

Once again the tennis more exciting than a literally pointless football match. Anyone watching Federer/Mannarino?

Rough end to the match though. What nasty way for Mannarino to bow out (on his birthday of all days).

Gutted for Serena, how disappointing and frustrating for her. Was looking pretty sharp at the start.

Brutal. These waves goodbye to the crowd at the Slams from her this year...

Hopefully she can recover quickly and go all out at the US Open. Shame two matches in a row ended in injury.

Andy Murray faces Oscar Otte, a German, in the second round, who only just won his match 13-12 In the 5th a few moments ago. I suspect Andy has it in the bag if they play tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom