Texas - Hi - 11th studio album - out now

It did feel a bit “rent a rapper” passed the peak of the trend, and the video is CRINGE. Personally I really like the song and it works much better in the context of the album and I don’t think it was a disaster, but I can see how it didn’t work as the comeback single from Texas.
Let's not forget Sharleen 'The OG' Spiteri had a rapper in the groundbreaking remix 'Say What You Want (ALL Day Every DAY)', b/w 'Insane' if I'm not mistaken, so yeah..

Last edited:
Just giving “Careful What You Wish For “ a listen for the first time in an age.
After the car crash of “Carnival Girl” why go for the borefest of “I’ll See It Through”, there’s so much better on there.
Still love “And I Dream”

I wouldn't mind Diana Ross covering both Black Eyed Boy and When We Are Together (eugh, I've just remembered that terrible Maryhill Swimming Pool video).

IMPROMPTU TEXAS TOP 6:

(1) Can't Resist (Bimbo Jones Remix)
(2) Sleep (Bimbo Jones Remix)
(3) Aurora & Lizzy Patterson - Summer Son
(4) Masquerade - Black Eyed Boy
(5) The Conversation (Bimbo Jones Remix)
(6) Detroit City (Bimbo Jones Remix)

sharleen.gif

Well it’s OK. Without Wu Tang it could easily fit on “The Conversation” but it’s not as good as the title track of that album

It’s basically Wu-Tang Clan feat. Sharleen, isn’t it? As someone who doesn’t really care about Texas one way or the other, I suppose it’s fine and the chorus is quite good although I do find the spelling of the title quite annoying

22 years of Texas/Wu-Tang Clan collaborations really tickles me :D Brandy and Monica wish they had this kind of longevity together

it's a weird comeback in that it's a sub-3 minute song featuring one minute of Texas but I really like this. the instrumental is really rich and warm, and weirdly reminds me of the AMAZING Dab Hands Balearic mix of Sad In My Shoes by Dido :D it's a keeper!

Maybe they’ll learn that nobody wants to hear Texas attempt modern hip hop in 2020 and give us a proper single

I mean what were they thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom