7. Look What You‘ve Done
8. Heaven Knows
9. You Can Call Me
10. Sound Of My Voice
11. Falling
12. Hi
13. Had a Hard Day
14. Had to Leave

According to an interview with Sharleen in the Sunday Times some of the songs were originally recorded in the White On Blonde sessions and they’ve rerecorded for this album.

It’s no When We Are Together though is it, when it clearly wants to be!

Yes I'm not really sure what they were going for with the vocal treatment. The song is quite addictive though. I've been listening to it a lot today and happily bopping away to it.

Listened to Mr Haze and I like it in an 8/10 kind of way! A much more obvious lead single than Hi (which I also listened to and had to remind myself of). The Wu-Tang Clang version makes no sense and their bit is so disjoiunted with the rest of the song. Spell Cardi B backwards and you get Bacardi okay Sharleen. :eyes:

I much prefer the fuller and richer production of Jump on Board. This sounds like they've gone with a bit more of a minimalist (*cough* cheaper) sound which leaves it lacking. But I'll save judgement till we (finally) get the album.

What a strange video. Someone compared this to When We Are Together, but I think they were aiming more for an elderly Summer Son

They go to the effort of hiring Gandalf, only for him to contribute absolutely nothing but 5 split seconds of running his fingers through his hair. There's nothing to suggest he and Sharl even know they're in the same video together.

The song's OK, but the sound level changes are grating. Even if it was intended, it just sounds like a production fuck-up.

Looks like they are going to build up to the release of the ALBAM quite well.

It's gonna be a #1 first week down to #25 the next kinda affair isn't it

After my infamous recent Halli-chart-predicta for Years and Years I am probably way out, although I feel I have a better sense of how the ALBAM charts work THESE DAYS

Properly obsessed with Mr.Haze now. It's made me go back through their catalogue and even in the recent lean years, the quality was mostly high!

c6e1bedf04a59d7b8f73efde3b9e7e65237dc3cf.gifv

Can we use this thread as a waste post/junk/anything goes type thing now? I mean it's not like Texas have stans or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom