Texas - Hi - 11th studio album - out now

I mourn for the old Texas quite honestly. Her voice has changed a lot which I think is added to the boredom for me, but also the songs just aren't there. They all sound like b-sides/demos.

I will of course still listen to the album.

Just heard Mr Haze. That IS an official sample of Love's Unkind, right? I also hear a bit of Nathan Jones in there.

25 years on and Sharleen still the most brazen TEA LEAF in the industry :D

Hi

The album has been out for almost a week. Has anybody bothered?

Hi :)

Spookily Ijust started giving it my second spin.

I also listened to the coveted Iguana-reorder at the weekend and that was pretty good!

Hi

not yet, but the retro Norther Soul vibe is probably the most dated thing they could have possibly tried in 2021

I’m just not feeling it.

Hi
Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN

The only good thing about Mr Haze is the Donna sample. The song relies on it far too heavily, to the extent that it sounds like an unfinished demo, or that they forgot to write a song around it.

The only good thing about Mr Haze is the Donna sample. The song relies on it far too heavily, to the extent that it sounds like an unfinished demo, or that they forgot to write a song around it.
EXACTLY it’s just so LAZY.
I can‘t even be bothered to listen to the album at the moment, just listened to clips.
”Look what you’ve done” is the only one that piqued my interest

It definitely has a lazy/unfinished feel to the whole thing, especially the production. Doubt that's what they were going for, but rather Cronova stopped any real progress being made/their ability to get together. This was meant to be released about 8 months ago and I doubt there's been much tweaking since then.

:ken:

It was an unfinished demo from the White On Blonde era that they found when they were planning an anniversary edition of that and after reworking it (and 2 others) they decided to record a whole new album instead.

Midweek #3 which is much higher than expected. Granted, it'll probably sink like a stone the week after.

I was expecting a high debut if not #1. They have been promoting the hell out of it, and yes will sink like a brick.

Still think Mr Haze is DECENT

I haven't listened properly but skimmed through and it sounded rather low key and yes a bit demoish unfortunately.

I think their production back in the day almost WAS demoish. I remember it was RED BOOK that went proper SLICK.

I heard another song today, I forget what it was called, and it was DREADFUL

I actually QUITE LIKE the album, although it has faults.

The ballad Unbelievable is the best track, it's really gorgeous

I actually really like the two bonus tracks, Had a Hard Day and Had To Leave, which remind me more of the Hush were and are better than a number of songs on the album main. Also really like Just Wannt to be Liked.

Overall it's a bit 6.5/10 but enjoyable to listen to without paying too much attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom