That ship stuck in the Suez Canal

There's an island nearby here, that is connected by a causeway. It floods during high tide, so you need to refer to a TIDE TIMETABLE to get on or off.

I've never considered that it's a BIT ODD, but also I've always liked it.

TIDE FORUM NOW!

Wanna try navigating the ship yourselves?

Bit of a non-story wasn’t it? Yes a big fuck up, but no peril, no injuries, what’s the matter?

big shipping corporations might lose some money!!!!! ?‍♂️

Astonishing that they didn't pre empt this in the 1860s and make it wider.
They did! Every time they make it bigger, shipmakers make the ships bigger so they can get as much stuff in per journey. Ship sizes are literally named after the maximum sizes that can get through canals now (Suezmax, Panamax, New Panamax)

Bit of a non-story wasn’t it? Yes a big fuck up, but no peril, no injuries, what’s the matter?

big shipping corporations might lose some money!!!!! ?‍♂️
Is stuff only a story to you if people die? :D It was holding up $10 billion worth of goods a day! That's not JUST shipping companies losing money!

Is stuff only a story to you if people die? :D It was holding up $10 billion worth of goods a day! That's not JUST shipping companies losing money!
Yeah but they'll not make a film out of it, will they? Now if it had been carrying nuclear materials and it was a race against time to get it free before it exploded, that would have been much more exciting.

:D that’s not what I meant! Don’t put words in my mouth, put a dick!

but I mean, a load of old STUFF had to wait in ships for a while, some Amazon orders didn’t come on time, will that cause a global crisis? Or more likely give huge corporations a chance to increase some prices?

:D that’s not what I meant! Don’t put words in my mouth, put a dick!

but I mean, a load of old STUFF had to wait in ships for a while, some Amazon orders didn’t come on time, will that cause a global crisis? Or more likely give huge corporations a chance to increase some prices?

Some of that stuff is perishable food and livestock. Anybody who has a bag of salad leaves in the fridge knows it turns to stinking brown sludge after four days and a cargo ship isn't going to carry a week's worth of extra food for animals that should've only been onboard for three days.

Some of that stuff is perishable food and livestock. Anybody who has a bag of salad leaves in the fridge knows it turns to stinking brown sludge after four days and a cargo ship isn't going to carry a week's worth of extra food for animals that should've only been onboard for three days.

but do we think they are just going to go “OH well let’s just do nothing” and deliver a load of rotten dead donkeys? Even if they don’t give a shit about donkeys they’d want to keep the ‘goods’ alive to protect the investment? Maybe give some of that manky salad to them

Imagine if the books I’m waiting for will be fed to the cattle.

Frustrated Selina Meyer GIF by Veep HBO

It’s both scary and fascinating how all these production chains are so effectively optomized that a rapture in the chain stops/delays the whole world trade.

I don’t know what to say :D
Yes my logistics plan is oversimplified, but I think so is the idea that at the slightest traffic jam ALL LIFE IS DEAD and Diddy is cackling astride a pile of donkey corpses because nobody did anything at all to stop it happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom