That's so Raven! - Name the Tower of London's new raven chick

That's so....

• Total voters

Tisch

Spare potatoes
The Tower of London announced this week that they have four new raven chicks, two of which will be kept behind as official Tower Ravens. The male of these has been Edgar after Edgar Allen Poe and the female's name has been left to the public. To avoid another Birdy McBirdface situation they've given us choices, all named after important female historical figures.

So Moopy, NAME THAT RAVEN

• Matilda
    Named after fearsome medieval monarch Empress Matilda, who battled her cousin Stephen of Blois over her claim to the English throne in the 1130s and 40s.
  • Branwen
    Named after the deity from Celtic mythology, whose name translates as ‘Blessed Raven’.
  • Brontë
    Named after 19th-century literary legends the Brontë sisters, who authored some of Britain’s best-loved Gothic novels including Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.
  • Winifred
    Named after Winifred Maxwell, Countess of Nithsdale, remembered for plotting her husband Lord Nithsdale’s incredible escape from the Tower in 1716 disguised as a woman.
  • Florence
    Named after Florence Nightingale, pioneering British nurse and social reformer, and namesake of the UK’s NHS Nightingale critical care hospitals during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Named after Winifred Maxwell, Countess of Nithsdale, remembered for plotting her husband Lord Nithsdale’s incredible escape from the Tower in 1716 disguised as a woman.

work it GIF

Winifred has my vote for being such a good judy.

Branwen because it’s vaguely Welsh :disco: :wales:

I've just been reading about Elizabethan torture methods of Catholics in the Tower of London. I hope this raven knows what it's getting itself into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom