The 2021 Moopy Supermarket Rate - More Votes Please!

Note the woman putting on sunglasses and getting her daughter to carry the shopping because of the SHAME of being spotted shopping there!

Mildy obsessed with Dan who appears to be Farmfood's only attractive staff member, who they've really made the most of in their promotional material.

people.jpg
programme10.jpg
programme12.jpg
programme2.jpg
programme9.jpg
programme4.jpg
programme6.jpg

Last edited:
Omg the Soho Whole Foods is the THING OF DREAMS.

I always end up with double the bill at Whole Foods. It is nice and all but some of the prices are silly.

Whole Foods = Whole Paycheck
A pretty basic joke but also TRUE

If I won the lottery, I'd shop there all the time. The Whole Foods near me has a surprisingly nice rooftop bar

The Kensington whole foods is like a THEME PARK for foodies. You can spend all day in there. In fact I’m pretty sure you could eat all day just wondering around trying all the samples and not spend a penny.

(I have not done this)

Mildy obsessed with Dan who appears to be Farmfood's only attractive staff member, who they've really made the most of in their promotional material.

people.jpg
programme10.jpg
programme12.jpg
programme2.jpg
programme9.jpg
programme4.jpg
programme6.jpg

Dan looks like a right FLIRT! I wonder if he finds the time to stack any shelves in between all the winking and smiling

Dearly departed..

Safeway
Somerfield
Gateway
Kwik Save

I’m sure several of them were either eaten up by another supermarket takeover.

Is Spar still a thing / going? I’m not sure if they were ever big enough to be a supermarket .. though a few near us were as big as a Tesco Local / Express or whatever they call them these days.

we also had this place which always stank!
1618584576277.png

What's that one they have in Amsterdam with the array of fresh juices? Paging @Jark

Oh apparently Gateway became Somerfield in 1992. Somerfield then got taken over by Co-op in 2008.

Safeway of course got taken over by Morrisons.

I’ve found the supermarkets in the US to be quite rubbish and small compared to the UK, which is odd because I always believed them to be the model on which the UK based theres

Though I do like Trader Joe’s (which is owned by Aldi I believe)

Amazon Fresh / Amazon Go Grocery (I don’t think they can quite commit to just the one name though they are pretty much the same thing!) is nice .. basically a smaller range wholefoods with emphasis more on fresh produce with no cash registers.

Walmart is evil. And should be rated 0 for the sheer fact they have entire aisles dedicated to guns and bizarrely candles (lots and lots of religious votive candles) .. I suppose the two often go hand in hand here 🤪

Walmart is evil. And should be rated 0 for the sheer fact they have entire aisles dedicated to guns and bizarrely candles (lots and lots of religious votive candles) .. I suppose the two often go hand in hand here 🤪

I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. Yes they sell guns (the one near my apartment doesn't have any guns luckily) and the atmosphere is just horrible and they are destroying American small towns. BUT for stuff that is the same everywhere, like prepackaged foods, it is just so much cheaper than anywhere else. I would never buy produce there.

And don’t get me started on Australia .. ugh.

I feel like Coles and Woolworths are literally the only two (with neither being really very good!) then Aldi arrived a few years back to disrupt the market!

There was always rumours of Tesco starting up there .. but what I feel like what they’re missing though is an M&S food or a waitrose type supermarket for those who occasionally like things a bit fancier. 😉

I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. Yes they sell guns (the one near my apartment doesn't have any guns luckily) and the atmosphere is just horrible and they are destroying American small towns. BUT for stuff that is the same everywhere, like prepackaged foods, it is just so much cheaper than anywhere else. I would never buy produce there.
True it is much cheaper than the rivals but I just can’t get on board .. the gun aisle just freaks me the fuck out. That said wherever I’ve lived in the States the nearest one was always miles away so it was never really an option to shop at anyway.

What’s your supermarkets of choice in Georgia?

Kroger seem to be the main players here in Washington, with their Fred Meyer and QFC stores being everywhere. And then a few Safeway’s too.

True it is much cheaper than the rivals but I just can’t get on board .. the gun aisle just freaks me the fuck out.

What’s your supermarkets of choice in Georgia?

My favorite is Kroger, but they are super hit or miss. The one near me is nicknamed Murder Kroger because so many people have been killed in the parking lot and they also found a corpse there, but they have rebuilt it and it is super nice now.

I also like Trader Joe's and Sprouts.

Whole Foods is the best, but too expensive.

Walmart for cheap stuff.

And don’t get me started on Australia .. ugh.

I feel like Coles and Woolworths are literally the only two (with neither being really very good!) then Aldi arrived a few years back to disrupt the market!

There was always rumours of Tesco starting up there .. but what I feel like what they’re missing though is an M&S food or a waitrose type supermarket for those who occasionally like things a bit fancier. 😉

*appears as if by magic*

Coles forever, Woolworths never

Better selection, better home brand, better prices, better vegetarian stuff

With that said if I moved somewhere where Woolworths was closest to me, would I bother travelling to a Coles? Absolutely not

*appears as if by magic*

Coles forever, Woolworths never

Better selection, better home brand, better prices, better vegetarian stuff

With that said if I moved somewhere where Woolworths was closest to me, would I bother travelling to a Coles? Absolutely not

Coles was the better of the two I guess, but their bread was mank. I’m not sure if they’ve changed it but wasn’t there outrage when it was revealed that it was part baked in Ireland and then finished off in store and labeled “fresh”?

Woolworths would always bang on about their “fresh food” but I thought their produce was pretty mangey too. Especially during certain seasons.

Australia really could do with a premium alternative supermarket though. (South Melbourne market and David Jones food hall aside).

Coles was the better of the two I guess, but their bread was mank. I’m not sure if they’ve changed it but wasn’t there outrage when it was revealed that it was part baked in Ireland and then finished off in store and labeled “fresh”?

Woolworths would always bang on about their “fresh food” but I thought their produce was pretty mangey too. Especially during certain seasons.

Australia really could do with a premium alternative supermarket though. (South Melbourne market and David Jones food hall aside).

This will make me sound like a bit of a princess but I don't do supermarket bread. I don't eat bread on a daily basis so if I ever get it I "splash out" and go to Bakers Delight

You know what I do love? IGA, for a bit of variety. Wouldn't do a whole shop there though, despite my bread preferences I'm not actually a millionaire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom