The 2021 Moopy Supermarket Rate - More Votes Please!

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
If there's anything that gets Moopy/ general society going it's HOT SUPERMARKET CHAT.
This is, of course true. So, let's have a Supermarket Rate!!!

Post in here any and all nominations for Supermarkets to be included in the rate. Non-UK and defunct supermarkets are welcome, however, anything that may not be well known may benefit from a short justification as to why it is being nominated (with pictures :disco:)

I'll get the ball rolling with...

Morrisons

161.jpg

Nominated Supermarkets:

• Albert Heijn
  • Aldi
  • Asda
  • Bargain Booze
  • Vejam
  • Booths
  • Budgens
  • Carrefour
  • Coop
  • Costco
  • E.Leclerc
  • Farmfoods
  • Gateway
  • Heron Foods
  • Iceland
  • Kaufland
  • Kwik Save
  • Lidl
  • Londis
  • M&S
  • Morrisons
  • Netto
  • Nisa
  • No Frills
  • Penny Markt
  • Pingo Doce
  • Planet Organic
  • Presto
  • Safeway
  • Sainsbury's
  • Somerfield
  • Spar
  • Tesco
  • Thrifty Foods
  • Trader Joes
  • Waitrose
  • Walmart
  • Walter Willson
  • Whole Foods

Last edited:
Has anyone else’s SPAR rebranded as an eye-wateringly expensive Whole Foods type affair?

Can I nominate the COOP. I always thought they were AWFUL but my new local one is actually QUITE NICE and it’s INCREDIBLY CONFUSING!

No Frills, they have the best in store branding

I'm also nominating Kaufland, my favourite of the supermarkets we visited in Berlin (and I went in way too many for a 4 day trip)
342343633.jpg

Look at all you bargain scroungers! If you’re all that keen on a cheap tin of soup you should get yourself up to some of the Liverpool provincial outdoor markets, you’d have a BALL!

For a good corner shop that has all the essentials but costs the Earth I’d nominate Londis and Spar. Sure it might cost you a fiver for a pint of milk but when it’s 11pm and the supermarkets are shut, how else you going to have that last cuppa of the day?

Has anyone else caught on to the phenomenon of Tesco’s fresh food, particularly the salads, being utterly useless after one day in the fridge? How do they go rotten so quickly? How are they getting away with it? Why do I keep falling for it? How is it LEGAL PEOPLE?!

Ooh we have to have Sainsbury’s, which I love a Sunday afternoon stock up in.

Oh and Carrefour is always convenient and a good shout when in Europe.

The Co-op! In particular the one near my work as me and the gay who works there have been flirting x

Thrifty Foods. Canadian. Bit like Lidl insofar as it looks a bit barebones but is actually ace.

Seeing as you tagged me and all throw in Portugal’s ‘Pingo Doce’ for a bit of continental “flair”. The ones I’ve been too always have a lovely fresh foods and bakery section and a splendid selection of wines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom