The 2021 Moopy Supermarket Rate - More Votes Please!

This will make me sound like a bit of a princess but I don't do supermarket bread. I don't eat bread on a daily basis so if I ever get it I "splash out" and go to Bakers Delight

You know what I do love? IGA, for a bit of variety. Wouldn't do a whole shop there though, despite my bread preferences I'm not actually a millionaire
BAKERS DELIGHT!! Oh god their bread is the tits. I crave it all the time, especially because bread here is rotten and sugary and I won’t do supermarket bread now either. I was most pleased to find a COBS Bakery in Vancouver last year (which looked identical and sold the same stuff as bakers delight) and then I googled it to see it was their Canadian name. Of course the borders have been shut for a year now so that our paid to any repeat trips.

IGA ❤️ .. please tell me I’m not the only one who see’s their Black & Gold brand label and thinks of the Sam Sparro song.

BAKERS DELIGHT!! Oh god their bread is the tits. I crave it all the time, especially because bread here is rotten and sugary and I won’t do supermarket bread now either. I was most pleased to find a COBS Bakery in Vancouver last year (which looked identical and sold the same stuff as bakers delight) and then I googled it to see it was their Canadian name. Of course the borders have been shut for a year now so that our paid to any repeat trips.

IGA ❤️ .. please tell me I’m not the only one who see’s their Black & Gold brand label and thinks of the Sam Sparro song.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam Sparro WORKING in an IGA these days

My favorite is Kroger, but they are super hit or miss. The one near me is nicknamed Murder Kroger because so many people have been killed in the parking lot and they also found a corpse there, but they have rebuilt it and it is super nice now.

I also like Trader Joe's and Sprouts.

Whole Foods is the best, but too expensive.

Walmart for cheap stuff.
I used to love Kroger’s fruit bars. Their in store brand used to be decent.

Reactions: RJN
Would Costco count as a super market? It’s more of a zoo and it stresses me out but it’s good quality stuff for cheap (if you have an army to feed).

I still love a trip to Costco, its just unfeasible quantities of food for one person.

I love going to the grocery store (supermarket). During lockdown, it was my only hobby

Planet Organic

Love walking around with one of their tote bags to pretend I'm fancy.

Is Tescos “Jacks” still a thing? Their low budget alternative to Aldi. It’s hard to find any recent news on it

Every time I’m in an IGA I ALWAYS sing Sam Sparro as I’m wondering around looking for my chicken-in-a-can for my sandwiches :disco:

e-leclerc.jpg
E.Lelerc

Nominations close at the end of the day!

I'll give a brief overview of how I am going to run the scoring.

Everyone will give a score to each supermarket from 0 to 10, in the normal way, or a ??.

Supermarkets that receive a score from more than half of participants will be part of the "popular" bracket, and the winner of this will be considered the overall best supermarket according to Moopy.

Supermarkets that receive a score from less than half of participants will make up the "niche" bracket, for the discerning consumer.

Supermarkets that receive a score from only one participant will be given participation awards.

Does this make sense?

I didn't forget about this. You did.

Please post your rankings in this thread (or PM me them for added drama for the results) for the following supermarkets. Scores to be from 0 to 10. ?? if you do not have an opinion on them. Result calculation is detailed in the post above.

00 Albert Heijn
00 Aldi
00 Asda
00 Bargain Booze
00 Vejam
00 Booths
00 Budgens
00 Carrefour
00 Coop
00 Costco
00 E.Leclerc
00 Farmfoods
00 Gateway
00 Heron Foods
00 Iceland
00 Kaufland
00 Kwik Save
00 Lidl
00 Londis
00 M&S
00 Morrisons
00 Netto
00 Nisa
00 No Frills
00 Penny Markt
00 Pingo Doce
00 Planet Organic
00 Presto
00 Safeway
00 Sainsbury's
00 Somerfield
00 Spar
00 Tesco
00 Thrifty Foods
00 Trader Joes
00 Waitrose
00 Walmart
00 Walter Willson
00 Whole Foods

I'm thinking a week should be enough time to vote.

?? Albert Heijn
03 Aldi
00 Asda
05 Bargain Booze
?? Vejam
06 Booths
04 Budgens
03 Carrefour
08 Coop
?? Costco
?? E.Leclerc
01 Farmfoods
?? Gateway
01 Heron Foods
00 Iceland
?? Kaufland
03 Kwik Save
02 Lidl
02 Londis
08 M&S
09 Morrisons
00 Netto
01 Nisa
?? No Frills
?? Penny Markt
?? Pingo Doce
?? Planet Organic
10 Presto
05 Safeway
05 Sainsbury's
02 Somerfield
08 Spar
04 Tesco
?? Thrifty Foods
?? Trader Joes
04 Waitrose
?? Walmart
?? Walter Willson
?? Whole Foods

00 Albert Heijn
11 Aldi
06 Asda
00 Bargain Booze
00 Vejam
00 Booths
05 Budgens
00 Carrefour
-1 Coop
00 Costco
00 E.Leclerc
00 Farmfoods
05 Gateway
00 Heron Foods
07 Iceland
00 Kaufland
05 Kwik Save
08 Lidl
05 Londis
10 M&S
09 Morrisons
00 Netto
00 Nisa
00 No Frills
00 Penny Markt
00 Pingo Doce
00 Planet Organic
00 Presto
06 Safeway
08 Sainsbury's
00 Somerfield
04 Spar
7.5 Tesco
00 Thrifty Foods
00 Trader Joes
09 Waitrose
00 Walmart
00 Walter Willson
00 Whole Foods

00 Albert Heijn
08 Aldi
08 Asda
00 Bargain Booze
00 Vejam
00 Booths
06 Budgens
11 Carrefour
-1 Coop
04 Costco
10 E.Leclerc
00 Farmfoods
00 Gateway
00 Heron Foods
07 Iceland
00 Kaufland
00 Kwik Save
07 Lidl
08 Londis
09 M&S
08 Morrisons
00 Netto
00 Nisa
00 No Frills
00 Penny Markt
00 Pingo Doce
00 Planet Organic
00 Presto
07 Safeway
08 Sainsbury's
08 Somerfield
08 Spar
09 Tesco
00 Thrifty Foods
00 Trader Joes
08 Waitrose
08 Walmart
00 Walter Willson
08 Whole Foods

?? Albert Heijn
08 Aldi
07 Asda
?? Bargain Booze
?? Vejam
?? Booths
?? Budgens
08 Carrefour
08 Coop
05 Costco
?? E.Leclerc
?? Farmfoods
?? Gateway
?? Heron Foods
05 Iceland
?? Kaufland
04 Kwik Save
07 Lidl
05 Londis
09 M&S
07 Morrisons
?? Netto
05 Nisa
?? No Frills
?? Penny Markt
?? Pingo Doce
04 Planet Organic
?? Presto
08 Safeway
10 Sainsbury's
?? Somerfield
08 Spar
07 Tesco
?? Thrifty Foods
?? Trader Joes
09 Waitrose
?? Walmart
?? Walter Willson
06 Whole Foods

I must admit I've been cheating on Aldi with the new Lidl and it feels GOOD.

Is it too late for more nominations? On my recent trip abroad I became quite enamoured with MIGROS TÜRK:
MIGROS-Supermarkets-in-Turkey.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom