The Arthouse Lounge

I urge Franz Rogowski fans and / or anyone with a taste for QUALITÄT to get down their local cineplex to see Great Freedom THIS INSTANT!

Even I found myself taking a fancy to him which was a bit unnerving :shock:

darling i just saw this on the mubi and it was quite spectacular. qualität indeed meine kleine kartoffel

also this week i watched matthias and maxime which was also quite good

sequin in a blue room is showing in c4 at some stupid o'clock tonight

plus monsieur le foop has purchased a dvd of querelle to watch on holiday next week. oh my.

oh it's all going on

Anyone seen Gaspar Noé’s latest ‘Vortex’ yet?

The last days of an elderly couple stricken by dementia.

C90D3F79-FB9A-42C6-A04B-14FB436C08AB.jpeg

This movies is cursed, every time I tried to go see it something happened. Once the AC was broken in the theatre and once I got sick.

0dfdcd35d8abd0b157e909f208a57ed6.jpg

He thrilled you with ‘Swimming Pool’, tickled you with ‘8 Women’ and beguiled you with ‘Young & Beautiful’. Dive into the erotic twists and transgressive turns of the early short films of auteur director François Ozon, digitally restored to their former glory. Featuring the films ‘A Summer Dress’, ‘X2000’, ‘Truth or Dare’, ‘See the Sea’ and ‘The Little Death’.

😍

ps The Shiny Shrimps 2 (Shiny Shrimps Revenge - La revanche des Crevettes Pailletées) also appeared today
66547371-FF89-4E95-8FD1-0F563928EB90.png

Just popping in to say that I loved Both Sides Of The Blade feat. J. Binoche, not least because I was sort of rooting for her and wanting to believe her when the cheating lying pig was blatantly spewing out fib after fib

Also I enjoyed All That Breathes this week so can recommend that to all those of you with a taste for nature and some love left in your hearts :tongueout:

Both Sides of the Blade was fucked. The ugliest aspects of French people in one film. Good movie though and I love the song.

Both Sides of the Blade was fucked. The ugliest aspects of French people in one film. Good movie though and I love the song.
Was it just me who wanted to believe what she was saying about liaisons with that bloke even though she was very obviously lying?

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT ME :shock:

@Phoenix The song is indeed fantastic. So good, in fact, that I didn’t care that it wasn’t in French and we all know what a fussy cunt I am when it comes to that sort of arrangement

Hit the road is one of my favorites this year. It broke my heart.

Oh I was sure I had posted about Le Bleu du Caftan but it turns out it was in another thread!

I also went to see L'origine du Mal which was a RIOT. Total popcorn film but as Phoenix had said quite camp with it. It had shades of LA CEREMONIE and TITANE but it wasn't anywhere near as good as those two. I heartily recommend though, and Laure Calamy is a BEAST and deserves INTERNATIONAL STARDOM.

salut mes petites endives

I really want to see this new Ozon effort

It's probably not very good, but it's based on a book that I read twice at a very impressionable age that is probably responsible for my disastrous romantic life :disco:

I came here to talk about this, which I popped on on Mubi last night.

I absolutely loved the first 2/3, was considering it would be a 10/10, but then fuck me it nosedived. The last third with all of the drama revolving around what was a fairly low level “crime” and that ludicrous scene in the morgue just sent it off into nonsense for me.

And re: the terrible French accent of Kate, I presumed that was intentional- especially as in the script she makes a fair amount of mistakes as well. God knows my French accent is that level, but fuck me I remember being that fluent. Sadly long gone now :(

Overall 7.5/10. Pity, it was going somewhere far higher.

this was incredibly good and haunting. knowing that it is based on a true story made it even more chilling (especially the final scene)

same director as Border which was also very good if not very WTF :D

I liked it but it didn’t stay with me

at a certain point I felt the violence was a tad gratuitous. We see 4 strangled women with the eyes popping out

given what's going on in Iran at the present I felt it was every bit justified. eerie timing!

THRILLED to see Mubi have added seasons 1 and 2 of Lars Van Trier's bonkers hospital saga THE KINGDOM :disco: It's all VERY Twin Peaks via a sepia filter in the glorious language of Danish :disco:

LOVE that most of the cast are over the age of about 80 too.

(Yes I know it's a TV show, but wasn't sure where else to WRITE THIS)

I made myself sit through Bardo yesterday and omg what a load of shit. Iñárritu’s movies are always more exercises but this one was a fucking chore.

And the gag that it’s going to Netflix, I don’t think people will even cross the 10 minute mark.

I don’t think it even counts as Arthouse cause it’s so shit.

THRILLED to see Mubi have added seasons 1 and 2 of Lars Van Trier's bonkers hospital saga THE KINGDOM :disco: It's all VERY Twin Peaks via a sepia filter in the glorious language of Danish :disco:

LOVE that most of the cast are over the age of about 80 too.

(Yes I know it's a TV show, but wasn't sure where else to WRITE THIS)

I remember my mum letting me watch it with her on Sundays when it came out, I was SIX. I never quite recovered from the baby and its voice

gonna rewatch it soon for the nth time :disco:

Any mention of Enys Men yet?

The ICA really needs to invest in central heating in Cinema 1 rather than using that noisy fan heater at the back. I'll end up taking a quilt next time. And Cinema 2 is EVEN WORSE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom