Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At this point I'd have been more shocked if you'd posted that it was 110 minutes.

I mean, who cares? I just want a good film. 3 hours isn't that long to sit still and not look at your phone.

I love that people over 25 think 2 minute long Spotify bangers are the devil but rage about movies going over 2 hours 😂

As long as I don’t see the pearls again I’ll be fine.

Reactions: COB
The duck is this suit

Very David Byrne

David Byrne Dancing GIF

Reactions: GNL
Hope this is worth the hype. Ben Affleck was an unlikely, yet underwhelming, Batman. Robert seems to be going down the Christian Bale route.

This is on 94% on Rotten Tomatoes albeit with only 16 reviews

Also just saw this :side-eye:

Guy Lodge is such a grumpy queen :disco:

I’ve been enjoying the score today. It’s VERY moody and murky.

I don’t trust Guy Lodge any more though. Still, that’s kind of what I expected, but I don’t think it could be any more “joyless” than the Nolan films.

Guy is a great writer if ever so thin skinned. I think Chastain and CODA winning have set him off today.

Anyway, Bats is a proper detective with a magnifying glass this time around so it can’t be all bad :D

I had to mute him ages ago just because he never shut up about shit. For some reason he popped up more on my feed after I unfollowed than before.

A friend who’s seen it says it’s too long and isn’t as good as the Nolans but he’s got very dubious taste anyway.

Seems a bit of a misfire not to embargo the reviews until Friday.

Not that film critics have ever stopped me watching something before, mind.

there's no way you can convince me that this film has "bad lighting". the cinematography across the trailer is spectacular. miserable bitches. go to Specsavers!

anyway 73 on Metacritic and raves from trusted publications like Variety tells me this is gonna be great. very excited.

A friend who’s seen it says it’s too long and isn’t as good as the Nolans but he’s got very dubious taste anyway.

What Batman film could possibly be as good as 'I'm in the Mood for Dancing' though?

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Well I liked it. It is a bit dark and humorless but it’s not nihilistic. The score rocks and the cast is so watchable, it’s a refreshing change from the standard cgi ugliness (that I occasionally enjoy) that super hero movies are these days.

Also I like that they give us the whole movie and tease the next one all before the credits.

Biggest waste was Colin Ferrell who could have been anyone and should have been anyone else who not a hot actor under a shot ton of makeup.

I had no idea that we were getting a joker tease and I like Barry Keough so that’ll be fun. At least he has the laugh.

I liked it a lot, the orchestral score really elevated the tension at times. It certainly didn't feel like it was 3 hours long, luckily we were spared exposition and they just got on with it. Colin was a bit underwhelming and played second fiddle to the Riddler.

Andy Serkis was VASTLY underused.

Just saw this. I really enjoyed it and it definitely didn’t feel that long. Don’t usually care for Pattinson but damn he looked hot in that suit. What a jawline.

I RATHER enjoyed this. It should have been cut by half an hour but otherwise it has a decent story (and thank GOD no backstory), a really great score, fight choreography and GADGETS(!)

I think I would like to watch this mostly because R-Pattz is a snack so I will wait until I can rent/buy on Prime or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom