The BBC Radio 6 Music Fan Club

Kate

mildly communist
90s day on 6 Music. I imagine the chances of Haddaway or Culture Beat are SLIM TO NONE, but there’s LFO now at least.

I got LFO's first album last year having been way to indie for it at the time. Bangers ahoy

Steve Lamacq later will obviously be UNBEARABLE, but I'm going to give Mary Ann Hobbs a chance for once.

Steve Lamacq later will obviously be UNBEARABLE, but I'm going to give Mary Ann Hobbs a chance for once.

Lamacq just will do that Britpop obscurities album of his, won't he?

He'll be smug as fuck that he can play Carter USM on 90s day as well as 80s day. The cunt.

(sorry I know they are COOL but I HATE THEM)

90s day on 6 Music. I imagine the chances of Haddaway or Culture Beat are SLIM TO NONE, but there’s LFO now at least.

tumblr_mqdn9zzKUs1qahcb6o1_250.gif

Another song by the FABULOUS Lyte Funkie Ones (LFO) to brighten up your morning.

He'll be smug as fuck that he can play Carter USM on 90s day as well as 80s day. The cunt.

(sorry I know they are COOL but I HATE THEM)

I saw them in '91 and the gig was absolutely wild. Great fun. Haven't listened to them in years.

Well crap, this banging dance track on right now got to #31 in 1998 and would have been a good shot for dmlawdifestivalen. Bugger.

I don’t even have a radio in my car :(

I always want to say 6 Music has improved over the years but it’s just me getting OLDER

It's the only station I listen to now. My gateway was Cerys on a Sunday morning, she's very soothing and plays an eclectic mix.

Midweek I also listen if I'm near the radio. It's only very good around lunch time when there's a high chance they'll play Kate Bush, Blondie, Missy or other approved females.

Why does TOM RAVENSCROFT not have his own show? His voice is very soothing (and SEXY!) and his shows are always VEEY GOOD. In a dream world they’d bin LAMAQ and give Tom his slot.

Are they having another pop or similar day? I've just heard George Michael and Beyonce.

I've really enjoyed Ezra Furman and John Grant standing in for Riley and Coe this week, fond though I am of the regular shows. Both good fun in different ways - particularly digging Grant's selection of rather obscure old skool electronica :disco: Think they've each got another couple of shows to go.

I haven't listened to any of JG's shows yet but Mr Kate has informed me they might be good for finding entries for that online song competition that I do. :eyes:

Shaun Keaveny is leaving 😭 oh god I'm shitting myself about who they replace him with, I already hate the rest of the daytime crew.

Shaun Keaveny is leaving 😭 oh god I'm shitting myself about who they replace him with, I already hate the rest of the daytime crew.
He's a SLOG to be FAIR

Get John Peel's son. He was great when I heard him on POP DAY.

I've got to say I find Keaveny quite hard work too, although I think his shtick worked better on the Breakfast shift. I generally preferred the weekday lineup they had err... pre-2018, or whenever it was they changed it. I've never quite got used to the current one. I'm a lazy fuck so barely ever catch Laverne (who I like). I don't dislike MAH or Keaveney but the former is a bit gushing and the latter a bit grating for my liking. And then there's Lamacq who is fine in an old jumper kind of way but how much do you really want to listen to second-rate Britpop. Could do with a refresh.

I do like Lauren Laverne. I mean she must be sick of the early starts by now, shift her to the afternoon.

Obviously the ideal would be RadMac back :(

Does anyone else fucking HATE that self-esteem song they play 100x a day??!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom