The BBC Radio 6 Music Fan Club

ON THE CHAISE LONGUE ON THE CHAISE LONGUE ON THE CHAISE LONGUE ALL DAY LONG ON THE CHAISE LONGUE

Just getting that out of my system so I'm not tempted to enter it into ASFM to ANNOY EVERYONE.

WHAT WAS MARY ANNE ON TODAY?

Just popping in to say that show was MAD, BANGER after BANGER!

ALL DAY 90S RAVE TODAY.

Bit soulful this morning, but that's fine because it's the MORNING.

Self Esteem in session now. After HATING that dreary monologue song I actually like her other other stuff A LOT, and never realised she was the girl from Slow Club.

She's just been added to Wide Awake festival next week so I shall see her, yay :disco:

I like her new one with all the drums. Quite short tho'.

(The song, that is).

Any Adam & Joe fans (so I guess just me and @Kate ), have you relistened to any of them? It’s been quite fun but sort of highlighted Adam’s red flags a bit, he comes off like a pretty short-tempered person, makes me a little awkward sometimes. Joe is lovely though

Although I do find his show useful for NAPPING, I generally nod off within about 15 minutes of his afternoon show starting.

I never ever thought Radio 6 would be my favourite of all the BBC stations. Probably because now, more and more. they seem to embrace a lot of alternative pop and R&B and hip-hop. They still play a lot of ODD stuff, but the current playlist has the new ones from alt-J, Anz, Disclosure, Jungle, Michael Kiwanuka, Villagers, War On Drugs, Bonobo and others. Great station for discovering new artists too.

Any Adam & Joe fans (so I guess just me and @Kate ), have you relistened to any of them? It’s been quite fun but sort of highlighted Adam’s red flags a bit, he comes off like a pretty short-tempered person, makes me a little awkward sometimes. Joe is lovely though
My username is literally an old school Adam and Joe reference! Although I haven’t really followed their work closely for a few years now - have they been back on 6Music?

My username is literally an old school Adam and Joe reference! Although I haven’t really followed their work closely for a few years now - have they been back on 6Music?

No, I’m just listening to the old 2011ish ones still on Apple podcasts :o

Well I finished anyway, the last batch with Edith instead of Joe was a bit sad. Edith was good but Adam really couldn’t adjust to it

I absolutely loved Adam and Joe! I couldn't believe my luck when it came back in 2011. I agree that the chemistry was not there with Edith and I barely remember any of those episodes at all. She was fine but just didn't have the same quick and stupid wit.

The songs they came up with were usually my favourite bit. So effortlessly funny!

I absolutely loved Adam and Joe! I couldn't believe my luck when it came back in 2011. I agree that the chemistry was not there with Edith and I barely remember any of those episodes at all. She was fine but just didn't have the same quick and stupid wit.

The songs they came up with were usually my favourite bit. So effortlessly funny!

She was quite funny in a more relatable way, but yeah. I think the strength of A&J was that Joe was so accustomed all of the quite unhinged things Adam came out with sometimes. I did listen to Adam's podcast for a bit but it wasn't really for me (also I hate his shouting)

I think I’d have to listen to the old Adam and Edith run again to give it a proper appraisal. I think at the time my verdict was too coloured by my general dislike of her but maybe she wasn’t so bad. It was obviously going to be hard for Adam to have chemistry with someone when you’re comparing it to Joe, who has literally been his best friend since he was a teenager.

I actually uploaded this clip from the Adam and Edith run to YouTube because it was the only time I remember them properly sending me.

I used to dislike Edith Bowman a lot quite irrationally. I think it was just a general pretentious vibe from back in the RI:SE presenting days, but I actually now think it was Colin Murray who just brought out the worst in her, and she’s pretty OK.

Adam Buxton, I felt there was a clear general shift in his persona after his dad died :( I used to enjoy listening to his podcast a lot, but stopped around 2018/19 as he just spent far too long waffling about rubbish in the voice of his dog. That’s only tolerable for about 15 seconds maximum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom