The Bridge (new Channel 4 reality show)

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Starting Sunday 11th October. I'm here for it.

Twelve strangers have come together on the banks of a lake in the beautiful British countryside, with one thing in common – they want to win a lifechanging sum of money. They know nothing about the epic challenge that awaits them or what they’ll need to do to win the cash.

£100,000 lies on an island in the middle of a lake and the twelve must build an 850ft bridge by hand within 20 days in order to reach the prize. It may sound simple but a series of twists and turns along the way offer moral dilemmas, spark rivalries and put their ability to work together as a team to the test.

d56877_b8117b5309384593b7d675b463c77239~mv2.webp

I saw this advertised and got excited it was a a remake of the Nordic Noir series. Instead it's this, starring Trisha Goddard's niece apparently.

I’m sure that’s already been remade!

I’ll give it a bash I suppose. Not my usual type of programme though.:eyes:

I saw this advertised and got excited it was a a remake of the Nordic Noir series. Instead it's this, starring Trisha Goddard's niece apparently.

I can only assume your excitement levels went through the roof after you found that out :eyes:

This sounds like a bit of a bore...I laughed at the concept of The Masked Singer though and that's great so I'll keep an open mind (and an open hole for the one on the bottom left).

For a split second I imagined a reality show recreating incidents from the Nordic thriller in a bid to win money.

They did this here a few years ago and it's a bit boring, some small twists and that's all. No challenges, it's all about building the bridge and talking. I guess with some OTT characters might be alright.

This one?

d56877_9af68ccf1ddf4e2ca401dbb348446dd6~mv2.webp

SAM

Marital Status: Single

I watched it. Might keep at it but I was hoping it’ll be more Hunted or RACTW - just go with your USP but it seems to be an extra long I’m A Celebrity. Didn’t care for them going to a hideaway while they uhhhm and ahhh over £5k.

Really I’d have just been happy watching them make a cunt out of building a bridge.

I'll probably give it another go next week but I didn't think it was all that exciting, and didn't really feel like anything very different. The big reveal to the group of 'I am the daughter of TRISHA!' did make me :D

And the PE teacher that piqued the interest of certain quarters hardly featured.

I thought it was a bit better tonight. The one who was so proud of subverting preconceptions by being a Tory voter though.

New American girl is unbelievably loud.

Haven't watched. But apparently naked shots of one of contestants (I think the one middle front in that photo above) have leaked.

Yep that's him. He's also on OnlyFans.
He was included on a C5 progranme last week about cammers and such

Dominique obviously been given a nudge by the producers

“How are you getting on?”
“Well it’s a bit tough and we don’t seem to be making any progress”
“Do you think there’s clues in the first task you were given?”

“Guys! Guys! I’ve just read this task completely randomly again and it SOUNDS like there’s more equipment to help us around the island!”

I’m more invested in this now that I probably want to be but today was quite good.

Levi bitching about everyone bitching but not saying anything while he doesn’t say anything himself was quite remarkable.

Good bit with the sabotage too

And we’ve been shown they’re all cunts

Well that was a surprise winner. What was the reasoning? Because she was a nice person?

She did seem nice though and was good to see her sharing it although I wouldn’t have begrudged her just walking away with the full amount.

Weird Zack walked out because “it wasn’t about the money anyway” even though he clearly knew he wasn’t going to win the money so he should have just stayed because it wasn’t about the money.

I thought they telegraphed the result a bit by giving her a decent amount of camera time despite being entirely drama free.

Zac's hissy fit exit right before the end was ridiculous (but amusing). Rowan's shit stirring did liven up the last couple of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom