The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann (Netflix Documentary)

Ted Bundy
B
The McCanns

Netflix are giving me life this season

Falling SOMEWHAT short of the prestige crime doc vibe it's aiming for :D

I loved the bit where it says it’s usually someone known by the victim or whatever and then shows an irritated looking Kate turning her head towards the camera.

I think this would be stronger if it was done like a Channel 5 documentary with dreadful vaguely lookalike actors re-enacting “key scenes” in soft focus.

Reactions: dUb
So this documentary made me discover the slightly BIZARRE #McCann hashtag on twitter, which is basically a subculture of people obsessed with the case and convinced the parents did it, but can't explicitly say the parents did it for fear of being sued :D

It's quite amusing to see a sizeable group of people all talk around a MASSIVE elephant in the room.

I’m on episode 5 of this now

Can it be retitled “the incompetence of the Portuguese police”

My god what a shambles

I think it'd be a good use of my maternity leave to binge watch this.

For added authenticity, watch it at the local pub, leaving Kylie at home alone with the doors unlocked.

I think it'd be a good use of my maternity leave to binge watch this.

Make sure to stock up on calpol before you start watching

Last edited:
I’ve finished watching it (clearly I’ve had a lot on the last two days :side-eye: )

I know the McCanns have condemned the documentary. But while it does spend a lot of the time condemning their actions and pointing the finger at them, it’s actually much more balanced than that trailer suggests.

I’ve went from thinking they did it, to thinking they were just unlucky parents who made some (in the light of day) questionable choices.

Reactions: dUb
I watched the BBC documentary a couple of years ago, gave a real good insight and both 'sides' of the argument...I am not sure this will tell me much new apart from giving it a 'netflix' makeover. May give it a go after I finish with Line of Duty from the start

I wonder what happened to Shannon Matthews?

Did they not have to ship her somewhere else and change her name or something equally traumatic for the poor kid?

I thought the trailer was great in a totally tacky way. My favourite bit though was when they apparently ran out of music 57 seconds in and then just pressed play again. :D

Did they not have to ship her somewhere else and change her name or something equally traumatic for the poor kid?

She got a new identity, and there's a special order in place that prevents anyone from contacting her or revealing her new identity, a bit like with Jon Venables and Robert Thompson. Something that Tina Malone has recently found out.

She got a new identity, and there's a special order in place that prevents anyone from contacting her or revealing her new identity, a bit like with Jon Venables and Robert Thompson. Something that Tina Malone has recently found out.

Jesus. Poor kid. Did nothing wrong and she'll be traumatised for life, no doubt. :(

This is insane. You might have only been at a restuarant 100 yards away but how on earth could you hear if one of your three very young children were crying??

Some people would pay good money to be shipped away from Dewesbury.

If it was a standalone episode I'd probably watch it. But eight episodes? Fuck off.

The whole thing really bores me to tears, I’ve no interest in watching this.

But if they want to send ANOTHER JonBenét Ramsey documentary my way I’ll be more than happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom