The Elizabeth line

Is this literally the BEST picture of the Lizzie Line? R DI would never.

6000.jpg

I have been getting these new trains for well over a year on the SHENFIELD line.
Looking forward to experiencing whitechapel to Canary Wharf and eventually being able to get to Heathrow so quickly from EAST :disco:

I think I always forget because R GEOFF is actually quite personable and fun in his slightly odd way, that there's a whole level of lunacy below him :eyes:

OMG I love that you’re married to a train spotter!

Train spotters are weird wonderful people. They’ll never cheat on you or eat your biscuits or compete over the remote control. They’re too busy waiting for the A-367 to Glasgow Central to arrive on platform 9

Geoff's fellow traveller: "I'm running on fumes now"
I'll BET after being stuck on busy trains all day :gross:

This is going to play havoc with Mornington Crescent. I hope an update to Stovald is in the works.

Reactions: COB
OMG I love that you’re married to a train spotter!

Train spotters are weird wonderful people. They’ll never cheat on you or eat your biscuits or compete over the remote control. They’re too busy waiting for the A-367 to Glasgow Central to arrive on platform 9
You can never trust them not to touch your Pot Noodle or Percy Pigs though :(

I have been getting these new trains for well over a year on the SHENFIELD line.
Looking forward to experiencing whitechapel to Canary Wharf and eventually being able to get to Heathrow so quickly from EAST :disco:
Can't wait to travel two hours to fly when there's an airport 45 minutes away!

I once went to a MERSEYSIDE BUS ANNUAL CONVENTION where you got to RIDE THE 1950s MODELS on their ORIGINAL ROUTES for the day!

There was an AWFUL LOT of SINGLE MEN IN RAINCOATS carrying PLASTIC BAGS.

I find Geoff a bit annoying. I don't really need the KING OF TRAINSPOTTERS. I once sat near some young trainspotters at a railway station. It was a lot.

I prefer Jago Hazard. At least he has the DIGNITY to STAY OFF CAMERA.

I once went to a MERSEYSIDE BUS ANNUAL CONVENTION where you got to RIDE THE 1950s MODELS on their ORIGINAL ROUTES for the day!

There was an AWFUL LOT of SINGLE MEN IN RAINCOATS carrying PLASTIC BAGS.
I “accidentally” ended up at some bus fair in Hackney a few years ago where there were lots of decommissioned Routemasters and the like and I was very excited to have a go on an old bus

No raincoat or plastic bag though - just my TRADEMARK GLAMOUR :disco:

I “accidentally” ended up at some bus fair in Hackney a few years ago where there were lots of decommissioned Routemasters and the like and I was very excited to have a go on an old bus

I bet the old furry seats and your crotchless panties were a great combination :disco:

I'm only SHIT-POSTING as I love my NEURODIVERGENT TRAIN FREAKS.

And actually one of my TOP THINGS to do in London I always recommend is to visit the TFL depot in Acton on a guided tour. It's FASCINATING and they have A LOT OF MAPS too :disco:

I don't have anything in my diary that warrants using this until my friends' party in FOREST GATE in OCTOBER.

Saw Geoff yesterday morning with a load of groupies. We all got the same train to Abbey Wood. I had to go wait at the back of the queue. He didn’t. Fuck him.

Anyway I got the Lizzy Line home tonight and I really enjoyed being surrounded by normal people (as opposed to train nerds) just going “oooh it’s nice isn’t it.”

Also there was something lovely about getting off and lots of people going up to the maps to check what exit to get out, which feels quite un-London. I like that everyone is sussing it out together.

I want to give it a go but it doesn’t go anywhere near me, unless I walk to Paddington for the thrill :(

I still have a slight bee in my bonnet about it being called the ‘Elizabeth Line’ - nothing against the old buzzard but do we have to name everything after her? Crossrail was a perfectly good name anyway :oi:

:david: The l in ‘line’ is lowercase. It’s the Elizabeth line. TfL’s style guide is extremely odd.
I saw people complaining that they've included the 'line' at all, since none of the other lines include it, making it the 'Elizabeth line Line". It's wound me up and I don't even need to see it everyday

• Care
Reactions: D5K
Right i'm NOT HAPPY about the way something of the stations are now displayed especially PADDINGTON

It makes it look like you have to get off, walk across the to the other side of the station and GET BACK ON AGAIN

And don't get me started on LIVERPOOL STREET

:tableflip:

I saw people complaining that they've included the 'line' at all, since none of the other lines include it, making it the 'Elizabeth line Line". It's wound me up and I don't even need to see it everyday
“Other lines” nothing - it’s not a tube line. I mean, I don’t think it should be called anything “line” but still, it explains why it’s expressed a different way.

“Other lines” nothing - it’s not a tube line. I mean, I don’t think it should be called anything “line” but still, it explains why it’s expressed a different way.
Well, yes. You don’t hear these people referring to the Docklands Light Railway Line.

Right i'm NOT HAPPY about the way something of the stations are now displayed especially PADDINGTON

It makes it look like you have to get off, walk across the to the other side of the station and GET BACK ON AGAIN

And don't get me started on LIVERPOOL STREET

:tableflip:
In fairness, at the moment you DO have to do that in Paddington and Liverpool Street if you want to go out to Reading / Heathrow / Essex.

I’d hope once the line is all connected up, it’ll be displayed differently.

It will be interesting to see how well MTR will manage this. They operate the Stockholm underground and subway train lines and have been talking about Crossrail for years.

Well, yes. You don’t hear these people referring to the Docklands Light Railway Line.
I always say to myself that I'm getting the DLR though (when I get the DLR that is - not when I'm popping down the road for Oinks) as the DLR is quite specific and VERY VERY EXCITING and not your common or garden Victoria or Circle

It will be interesting to see how well MTR will manage this. They operate the Stockholm underground and subway train lines and have been talking about Crossrail for years.
Pray that they don't destroy central Stockholm for the sake of it though

Honestly the STATE of Tottenham Court Road and surrounds! All for the sake of getting people in from ILFORD AND READING WHO WE DON'T WANT ANYWAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom