The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Vote

• Total voters
I feel like Jessica has been waiting a long time for that one undeniable Oscar baity Best Actress role and SURELY this is it.

the prosthetics! :D well, it was good enough for Nicole.

the film looks pretty fucking great too.

I’m not sure I love the prosthetics. It feels vastly different from one scene to the other.

The prosthetics look dodgy AF

The film looks GREAT

Has anyone seen the documentary this is based on? Narrated by RUPAUL

Positive reactions out of the premier tonight

Last edited:
This looks IMMENSE

The Best Actor race is looking fierce this year but Best Actress is looking like a simple Chastain vs. Stewart stand off at the moment.

A moment of appreciation for Ms Chastain at the New York premiere :disco:

Unfortunately I didn’t think this was that good. Very similar problems to Respect, you don’t need to cover the whole life of a person it makes the movie bland and lacking a point of view.

Jessica and Andrew do their best but it just made me want to watch the documentary.

That's very similar to what I've been reading today. It's gone from being "great performance in a mediocre film" to "not great at all".

Holy shit @ this movie! :D

I agree that it jumps around and tries to pack too much in. But I was loving every demented minute of it and Chastain was PHENOMENAL.

I've had this on constant rotation since last night. What a CROOK WOMAN :disco:

Last edited:
Great makeup on Jessica Chastain but everything else - story, dialogue, Andrew Garfield - is so forgettable.

Interesting that Roe Messner was a major(ish) character in the movie, but no mention of the fact Tammy Faye would go on to marry him (and he would then ALSO go to prison, clearly she had a type) - the movie did finish a year or two before all that, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom