The Final Fantasy lounge

Somehow out of all the things in that clip it’s “Aeris, or AeRITH, depending on which version you play lolol” that makes me most irritated :D

You can’t be an obvious fanboy and then be like “lol here’s my ironically geeky fact that I know you wont care about”

Btw fellow Loungeurs, do give a shit about the Aeris/th name thing? It’s just Aeris in my mind, I don’t really think about it when I see the other.

There are worse ways that particular translation can go though. I saw a boat called “ビッグアース”, which I read as “Big Arse” with a shock until I realised it was probably “Big Earth”

So the new spinoff game Stranger of Paradise is out, and by most accounts it's good fun but it is apparently a BIT of a mess technically! Basically it seems like all parts of the game are using uncompressed, very high quality 3D models at all times (usually you would use those ones for cinematic cutscenes and have less detailed versions for gameplay), meaning that the framerates are dodgy even on next generation consoles and top of the line PCs. To try and sort it out, people have already made a mod for the PC version that literally SNATCHES all the characters BALD to try and improve performance a bit :D

Looks like one to miss to be honest.

I finally, finally, FINALLY finished the VII Remake last night. What a slog that was right up to when you get to
the Shinra Head Office
, I was having to grit my teeth continually just to get through it. It looked fancy enough (though hardly mindblowing) and the fighting was fun – when you got to do any. However, the story was stretched wafer thin and padded to hell and back, and yet still felt really poorly paced. None of the additions were much fun. I pretty much hated all the characters, especially Tifa and Aerith :o

The voice acting was awful with all the gasps, sighs, oohs and aahs getting old very quickly. Everyone sounded like they'd been recorded in different continents and in different decades and often didn't make sense. Technically, I don't get why the game could load from cold to playing in about 5-6 seconds, but still forced you to walk slowly following people / through corridors / over beams ALL the TIME. Even the Moogle Medal man was behind a squeezable gap for no apparent reason whatsoever!

Still, the last bit was enjoyable when it did finally get going, but I'll be skipping the DLC and skipping Part II as well. 6/10.

He previously said that he wanted the next time the game is shown to be relatively close to release, so people weren't waiting too long. I wonder if this year is still a possibility? :o

Oh I prolapse every time this thread gets bumped, but it’s not my time :(

Exciting but I don’t think I’ll ever end up with a PS5 or whatever X Box is now

Ok but where are the PS5s ??!! It's still impossible to get one here.

Y'all having any luck in other countries?

I know I posted it elsewhere but ugh this is everything and more:

I can't stop watching that ten seconds before the title, what a ridiculous bit of choral LUNACY that nevertheless absolutely works :disco:

It is looking more and more like the game won't have a traditional FF-style party system, and I don't think I really mind as long as the system in place is robust and fun enough to make up for it. It's looking like Clive can use the powers of the different eikons during battle, so I'm expecting there to be some sort of way of portioning out those powers that affects stats and lets you create different builds.

Looks like they finally took note from Final Fantasy XII, which in my opinion was the last FF title to actually FEEL like a FF game. Everything since then could've been any random RPG released by any random developer.

Also, Y'ALL LEAVE CLIVE ALONE!

I think that's probably because so many of the people working on this are from the FFXIV team, in the same way that FFXII felt sort of like the culmination of the previous Ivalice games that a lot of those creatives had worked on beforehand.

Speaking of Ivalice (as nobody else was) where's that alleged FFT remaster :eyes:

I mean that's a trailer and a half, but is this still a turn-based RPG, even if in the style of FFXII? Seems to have morphed into another humourless Dark Souls...

And who's the guy in the last five seconds of the trailer coming out as the HOT REVEAL? Are we supposed to know him? Looks like Zack from FFVII :confused:

That's Clive, the main (only?) playable character of the game :D He's in the previous trailer more, in this one we only see him in the battle shots then that bit at the end.

The chances of it being turn-based are pretty low at this point, it's most likely to be a DMC/Bayonetta-style character action game with some sort of RPG progression system when it comes to stats etc.

The jury is OUT for me until we get some gameplay details. FFVII remake was the perfect blend of old and new styles but I don’t think we’re going to get anything like that.

I'm all for them trying new things, it's Final Fantasy SIXTEEN, if you know what I mean... but turning it into Dark Souls is hardly NEW.

I also can't think of a single Action-RPG that has the combat FINESSE of a Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, for a reason. But we SHALL SEE when they show more.

I love a good action RPG. I was playing Path of Exiles a while back and couldn't get enough.

FF8 really had us gagging the whole way through. Laguna turning out to be the President of Esthar and Squall's dad is one of THE best facecracks of FF.

Any other Trepe Groupies?

Last edited:
Oh there’s a nice summary of all the details

77EFE4AE-55D6-461C-9854-E63221F94DDD.png

I'm expecting the world design to be similar to XV, with large but distinct areas/regions separated by impassable geographic features and the transitions being handled appropriately (like a short cutscene on a boat if you have to cross a sea, or a dungeon you have to pass through to get to the other side of a mountain range). I think that's fine really, I don't think having an open world is the be all and end all as long as there's a good amount of exploration and discovery within what we do get.

Reactions: GNL
The more I think about it, that's how all the pre-X games basically operated when it came to the world map as well. The only difference was towards the end when you got the airship, but I wonder if XVI could have something like that (I'm picturing a sort of extra zoomed-out view as if you're flying REALLY high, with transitions back and forth to the usual world when you take off and land).

It sounds more like XII’s big areas to me.
That list worries me though. No thanks to most of it.

Same. That list makes me nervous. Square seems to be unable to find itself a winning formula. There's always something off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom