The Fugees reunion and tour

After years of speculation, Fugees have announced that they’re set to reunite for a 2021 world tour – see the dates below.

The hugely influential hip-hop group – Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel attained great success in the 1990s with their only two studio albums, 1994’s ‘Blunted On Reality’ and the classic 1996 record ‘The Score’.

SEPTEMBER 2021
22 – New York, secret pop-up show

NOVEMBER 2021
2 – Chicago, United Center
7 – Oakland, Oakland Arena
12 – Los Angeles, The Forum
18 – Atlanta, State Farm Arena
21 – Miami, FTX Arena
26 – Newark, Prudential Center
28 – Washington DC, Capital One Arena

DECEMBER 2021
4 – Paris, La Defense Arena
6 – London, The O2
18 – Ghana, TBC
TBC – Nigeria, TBC

What could go wrong?! :eyes:

Look at all those gaps in dates. Presumably nervous about putting more than one date on sale at a time.

The Score is a classic album, but I'd be wary about these shows going ahead. Is Lauryn not quite erratic nowadays? :(

Were they that influential? I only remember 2 or 3 hits and they were mostly covers. Can't say I'm excited.

They absolutely were.

That said I’m not sure this reunion is a significant moment in their legacy. The opportunity to pick up any kind of momentum is long gone. Plus Lauren has a dreadful record for performing live. This is probably all about the money. But more power to them.

They’re vaguely influential just like the Rolling Stones are ‘vaguely sucessfull’.

they were due on at 6.30 at Global Citizen last night. in the end they started at 10.10 and ended at 10.57. crowd were waiting without their phones.

:eyes:

they were due on at 6.30 at Global Citizen last night. in the end they started at 10.10 and ended at 10.57. crowd were waiting without their phones.

:eyes:
:D Was it advertised as a 45 minute set?

I have always wanted to see them but is it worth going to London for when Lauren may not turn up?

I never took a lot of notice of them but I DO know the one which sampled Enya WITHOUT HER PERMISSION which was very naughty indeed and I expect Miss Enya put a faerie queen spell on Lorraine which is why she’s always very tired :)

How the heck has Lauryn never released a follow up album? Even Enya is rolling her eyes at such productivity.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
How the heck has Lauryn never released a follow up album? Even Enya is rolling her eyes at such productivity.
The one thing that we know for sure is that it’s not because of all the weed.

I think it could be big actually. It's 25 years since they were massive, and people forget they were just as big as the Spice Girls in '96.

Can Lauren still sing? I was elated then very disappointed in a matter of seconds to see them appearing on the Global Citizen Live concert when the performance was No Woman No Cry where vocals are all by Wyclef.

I think it could be big actually. It's 25 years since they were massive, and people forget they were just as big as the Spice Girls in '96.
no they were not :D in America, maybe.

Lauryn was heavily rumoured to have had a serious crack problem for a while, which would definitely take its toll on anyone's voice. but she did tour solo a couple of years back - a bigger problem seems to be her absolute AVERSION to MELODY.

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom