The Funky Friday Afterparty - "The Armada Of Groove" Friday 16.10.20 **8.15PM**

Funky

User
PLAYLISTS:

Come join us after the Kylie Disco for some afterparty grooves courtesy of the GREATEST DANCE ACT EVER CREATED IN THE UK (sorry not sorry)

We'll be listening to some choice cuts and moopy-centric bangers from the GA catalogue, followed by a full listen of the glorious new album:

71uujZnDRqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Over the past 20+ years, Groove Armada have powered their way through house, trip-hop, dub, pop, synthwave, disco, funk, hip-hop, reggae, bashment and big beat, never quite meeting the success of their contemporaries Faithless and Chemical Brothers but building up a reputation as one of the greatest live acts the UK has ever seen.

They've collaborated with Neneh Cherry, Bryan Ferry, Candi Staton, Angie Stone, Sunshine Anderson, Mutya Buena, Saint Saviour, Will Young among MANY others, and produced music for countless artists including Roísín Murphy and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

This isn't on an album but here's a taster from one of their legendary Brixton gigs, with a surprise appearance from soul legend Richie Havens

And I didn't include the big obvious track in the playlist but this illustrates their reputation on the live circuit. I was in that crowd!

See you Friday!

Last edited:
@Iguana question is it advisable in your experience to include a youtube playlist or will just a spotify playlist suffice? You probably have more experience dealing with the rabble.

Omg you tagged me

i feel like we’ve turned a corner in our relationship funky x

@Iguana question is it advisable in your experience to include a youtube playlist or will just a spotify playlist suffice? You probably have more experience dealing with the rabble.

In my view it's always good to be able to watch something - even if it's just a still image it keeps my attention more than just listening - but it's certainly not a prerequisite!

I actually have plans though, lol x

youtube playlist please!

*doesn't show up*

I will try to be here. Will it be only Groove Armada?

Well you've got an hour of 80s Kylie beforehand... but this playlist will be GA

but it won't be all the singles. It'll be a discovery playlist of pop and dance leaning GA songs over the years, with some better singles thrown in. Followed the new album which is MARVELLOUS and a must for any fans of the 2020 80s takeover

tagged and TAGGED FIRST! What an honour :disco:

I'll be listening on Spotify regardless but VERY EXCITED for this. having a little disco moment to Talk Talk in the kitchen right now in anticipation.

Well you've got an hour of 80s Kylie beforehand... but this playlist will be GA

but it won't be all the singles. It'll be a discovery playlist of pop and dance leaning GA songs over the years, with some better singles thrown in. Followed the new album which is MARVELLOUS and a must for any fans of the 2020 80s takeover
on YouTube or Spotify?

No I’m back in London at the weekend. Unless there is actually a travel restriction / I get corona / london goes to tier 2

People should definitely check the playlist out afterwards if they miss it. It's a great intro to the band.

i was at a bar tonight and i played (the entire roisin album and) a bit of white light.

it went down well. the new album is surprising me in a good way.

Am at my mates house tonight. Can't guarantee I'll be on, but if I remember I'll see if I can the playlist on. Always support our playlist queens :disco:

That is quite fabulous isn’t it :disco::disco:

imagine they showed up! :D

Oh I’m here!

ONE HOUR ISH WARNING GUYS

get ready to party (at home)

I KNOW HOW AMAZING

I'm gonna ask them for a job :eyes:

Right this will start about 8.15 GUYZ, funky needs his din dins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom