The Funky Friday Afterparty - "The Armada Of Groove" Friday 16.10.20 **8.15PM**

Track ten is very instant. The production is delightfully precise.

11. Dance Our Heart Away

now this is how you close an album :o Oh the piano. I feel like WEEPING

Just me and you left Jark? Let's SLOW DANCE

Yes, good album closer. This is probably the first time that I've listened to a full Groove Armada album and it's been very enjoyable. I shall make a note to listen to Black Light when I get the chance.

I'm ready to rate the album

10 Get Out On The Danceloor
10 Holding Strong
06 Tripwire
10 Don't Give Up
08 We're Free
07 Edge Of The Horizon
09 Lover 4 Now
08 I Can Only Miss You
10 What Cha Gonna Do With Your Love
10 Talk Talk
10 Dance Our Heart Away

it's gonna be a tough vote for album of the year between this, Jessie and Roisin.

Yes, good album closer. This is probably the first time that I've listened to a full Groove Armada album and it's been very enjoyable. I shall make a note to listen to Black Light when I get the chance.

you won't regret it.

:D the pleasure's all mine funks

I wasn't sure about this one as a closer at first but it's a really nice moment of flirty, carefree levity. what a terrific record front to back - it grows stronger as it goes on and plays around in various 80s sandboxes whilst keeping a really clear throughline and seducing you with gorgeous production that oozes atmosphere and melodies that dance lightly on top of and sometimes underneath it all. Really impressed, and very excited to spend more time with it.

Thanks for putting this wonderful playlist together funky, it's been a delight and an education!

Also, conclusive proof that Groove Armada are more popular on Moopy than Kurly Mungu (sp?) We can tell everyone else that they are being given her forum tomorrow.

and while we few are here, cheeky reminder that Jark.FM #2 kicks off at 6.30pm tomorrow evening and you can expect 20 bangers in 75 minutes from all sides of the house music spectrum so you'd be DEMENTED to miss it!

Thanks for preparing the playlist funky. It's been an excellent way to spend a Friday evening.

and while we few are here, cheeky reminder that Jark.FK #2 kicks off at 6.30pm tomorrow evening and you can expect 20 bangers in 75 minutes from all sides of thehl house music spectrum so you'd be DEMENTED to miss it!

werk that promo hun :disco:

This was really great funks! Thanks for your effort. Sorry I bailed halfway through the album but I'll definitely give it and Black Light a proper listen soon.

This was really great funks! Thanks for your effort. Sorry I bailed halfway through the album but I'll definitely give it and Black Light a proper listen soon.

make sure you tell that inferior half of yours that he missed a real musical education tonight. Employment be damned.

Yeah, cheers for this Funky. I can't remember the last time I listened to an entire album from start to finish.

Same to be honest. It's been a real joy and a reminder of the hard work that many artists put into an album as a whole piece of music. I'm going to try and join more album listens in future.

Yeah, cheers for this Funky. I can't remember the last time I listened to an entire album from start to finish.
I try and listen to at least one album in full every day to be honest. it's an art form I can't bear to LET GO OF

I'm taking notes with those two mark my words. Although at least @Tisch has bobbed his head up a couple times.

I must apologise for being FORCED to work through this most humble event. I am hoping to catch up tomorrow and jot my thoughts down in a monologue that no-one ever reads. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it though :disco: It's a shame Groove Armada said on the Twitter that you missed out all their best songs though

just to say this was very well received yesterday and I recommend giving the playlist a whirl / flick through if anyone is looking for weekend listenage. GA, if you're not familiar with them, are an EDUCATION :disco:

FINALLY getting round to this. Loving it so far.

At The River - Perfectly chilled and breezy, my only complaint that the sentence never gets finished. Great start.

If Everybody Looked The Same
- I love this a lot. The vocal samples are fun

My Friend - This has a real groove. Kylie take note

Love Sweet Sound - This is very Tina Turner does dance and all the better for it!

More to follow

Song 4 Mutya is of course wonderful and not just because my friend is in the video.

You Know Me Better is actually quite Dress Me Up-eque. The poppiest so far.

I Won't Kneel - This is an interesting one. It's kind of electro-rock. You know, I can actually hear Siobhan Donaghy signing this one on her Ghosts album. It would fit on perfectly actually!

Shameless - FRENCH! *already in love*

Call Me - Nice to have a bit of soul in the mix. Very slinky.

Really enjoyed these! I only knew Song 4 Mutya beforehand. The first half was particularly strong.

I will give the new album a spin!

Amazing that you weren’t familiar with any of the other songs... what a joy to be properly introduced to the GA for the first time!

still have Talk Talk from the new one on my very exclusive HOT RIGHT NOW playlist. what a song. shimmery synths for DAYS!

been having a few moments with I Won't Kneel and History lately too. are the White Light versions worth checking out @funky?

ALSO loving Paris - Andhim Remix.

I never really bothered with White Light tbh. You can fall down a Rabbit Hole with the clubby Groove Armada stuff.... there’s so much of it and so many different albums. I’m not sure what’s what. I usually find that their original album versions are the best versions of any song they do (I can’t actually think of an exception, I’m sure there is one)

And definitely give the new album a spin... @RJN will confirm it’s quite the record!

Yes I've become quite obsessed with it these last few day.

I'm going to listen to this playlist today. I bet they have a lot of other stuff I'll love

now @funky darling

why, pray tell, was this slinky little number not included in your playlist :kim:

I just heard it soundtracking a club scene in a tv show and I'm obsessed. loving the MOODY trip hop intermission in the middle that blooms into a very satisfying slice of disco funk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom