The Girlie Show

Were you there for our Rewatch Party, Christian? I forget who was.

Just looking at the Rewatch Party thread now. It seems INSANE ALREADY that we got nearly 900 posts out of it!
It totally reinvigorated my love for the show. I still think I prefer Blond Ambition but The Girlie Show is probably the better show...

Last edited:
It totally reinvigorated by love for the show. I still think I prefer Blond Ambition but The Girlie Show is probably the better show...

Yes, I can possibly go along with that. Blond Ambition for a variety of reasons is probably the show of my life. But objectively i struggle to say it's a better show than TGS.

Yes, I can possibly go along with that. Blond Ambition for a variety of reasons is probably the show of my life. But objectively i struggle to say it's a better show than TGS.
Blond Ambition was only my second big pop show after Jacko's 1988 Bad tour (we didn't get many big stars in Holland back then) and the sheer incredulity of seeing ACTUAL MADONNA in person for the first time I'm sure will never be topped for me.

Watching it back, the Dick Tracy/mermaid/hairdresser bits are quite shit but so warm and fuzzy. I found the Girlie Show very frosty and cold at the time but looking back, it's what I rather enjoy about it now.

Ohhh I was at the show on the 26th! I came from Ireland to see it. My very first concert ever! I’ll never, ever forget it.

Blond Ambition was a total game changer and I adore every moment, even the “silly sections” are so endearing now. The Girlie Show was quite a different beast. Both incredible shows though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom