The Great British Bake Off 2020

Oh I would quite happily take a shambolic Laura win over the other two. If pushed I would rather desperate Dave than Peter, who was exhibiting unbearable levels of smuggery this week.

A bit gutted for Dave :( He clearly wanted it so bad. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see Hermine in the final because of messy Laura.

Reactions: ZZ
Not a vintage year, what were those showstoppers. Awful.

None of them deserved a win. Should’ve given it to Linda.

God that final was a CHORE. More charisma in a potato than the winner :zombie:

I was not impressed by those showstoppers. They did not look impressive at all.
My mind kept going back to Nadiya's levitating soda pop can and how amazing that looked (I don't remember any other winner's final bake to be honest) and comparing that with those ones just made the whole thing even more disappointing.
I've no idea how and why they got rid of Hermine, who was such an instinctive baker and patissier, to keep Laura who was just a hit & miss (at best). Her output during the final just proved what a bad decision it was to keep her in the competition.
Oh well.
Peter won. I yawn.

Tuesday's Great British Bake Off final earned Channel 4 its biggest overnight ratings for at least 18 years.

An average of 9.2 million viewers saw Peter Sawkins triumph - the highest overnight audience for a Bake Off show since its move from BBC One in 2017.

The figure was a third up on last year's final, which drew an overnight audience of 6.9 million.

Channel 4 said this year's final was its most-watched programme "since modern records began in 2002".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom