The Great British Bake Off 2020

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Twitter thread with the bakers intros

Can't watch the clip at the moment, but someone please tell me there's a bit more diversity of age this year than last.

Only one twink from what I can see

I do hope that endless opening skit is not going to be the norm going forward.

I think it seems to be the best cast for a while, and was an excellent first episode despite the strange intrusion of BLINK-182 related content to the Bake Off.

Matt Lucas wasn't too bad with the contestants in the tent (though Noel was kind of forced to play it more straight) but his voiceover felt odd.

I've watched the first episode and the lady with the headscarf is a clear psychopath. She had a cat on a lead, people.

That was a fun episode, I like Sura (scarf lady), Lottie, fajita lady and Hermine. The men feel like an afterthought.

I skipped the skit at the beginning but other than that Matt Lucas was quite fun.

That was a fun episode, I like Sura (scarf lady), Lottie, fajita lady and Hermine. The men feel like an afterthought.

Generally yes but Rowan feels notable, even though I feel he could go either way in terms of long term appeal.

Badminton boy seems to have a steely determination so could go far.

Rowan is definitely the most engaging of the men, but you can't shake the feeling he stans Maggie Thatcher.

For me, Linda seemed like the politically questionable one. If you come from Bexhill-on-Sea and put an English flag inside your Battenburg, I'd say that just screams Brexiteer.

For me, Linda seemed like the politically questionable one. If you come from Bexhill-on-Sea and put an English flag inside your Battenburg, I'd say that just screams Brexiteer.

I got a bit nervous when she started singing Bob Marley.

No-one tonight?

I’m loving the old queen who’s completely useless at everything. :D

The standard of the contestants really seems to have nosedived this series, they’re shit!

The standard of the contestants really seems to have nosedived this series, they’re shit!
We said the same in our household, wonder if it’s to do with them having to isolate to take part?

Matt Lucas is terrible on this. Awfully stilted. I was never a fan of Noel Fielding's presenting skills so the loss of Sandi has made this unwatchable for me.

I mean this show will never match the dream team's work on the Beeb.

We said the same in our household, wonder if it’s to do with them having to isolate to take part?

Yes I think that may be part of it. I am a bit surprised there isn't a tent full of students this year.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed Sura’s accidental nudge to the contestant’s elbow last week resulting in splattered remnants of upside down cake all over the tent floor. Other than that I must agree it’s all been a bit MEH.

Only just watching this tonight but I love elderly gay cliche Rowan.

Finally caught up! It's a bit dull so far but fine. I liked the look of Rowan's bread but it was certainly his time :(

At least he can go back to his very good friend

Finally caught up! It's a bit dull so far but fine. I liked the look of Rowan's bread but it was certainly his time :(

At least he can go back to his very good friend

And they can happily enjoy their garden, all the wonderful culture, theatre and music together and absolutely nothing else.

I watched the episode last night despite not watching before (it was the third, wasn't it?), because I was channel surfing and it had just started on 4seven. I have to say I really quite enjoyed it - it was pleasingly kind of ramshackle with quite a few bakers who seemed to be a bit shit, and lacking some of the veneer I remember of the last couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom