The Great British Bake Off 2020

I love a good train wreck, but it really does underline what a ropey bunch they are this year :D

Reactions: GNL
I forgot this was on. I was looking forward to my weekly fix of Marc and Mark. :argh:

This might sound a bit strange but I was just thinking how intense it might be to see Noel Fieldings face up close

As soon as two bakers declared that pastry week was their week the writing was on the wall for one of them.

Those sad strands of colour draped on Linda's tart. Both :D and :(

I can’t stop watching Hermine’s showstopper. Absolutely stunning.

Reactions: D5K
That lemon in suet pastry 'dessert' looked VILE.

Laura seems to have had the rockiest road so I am all for the underdog. Out of the 4 that are left Hermine is by FAR my favourite though.

Who are we rooting for from the FINAL FOUR? Hermine for me. Then Laura. The men are BORING.

Boring and annoyingly desperate to please.

If Mark/c hadn't fucked up his showstopper so spectacularly Peter was definitely in trouble this week. Mind you, they probably would have decided to start taking account of their prior record as they arbitrarily do nearish the end and he would have gotten away with it anyway.

Hermine is a complete delight and must win. I love how she's incredibly talented but seems to be treating the entire thing as the inconsequential bit of fun it really should be. No tears, no meltdowns, no palpable stench of desperation. Just baking beautiful cakes and having a laugh.

Laura is very charming but she's been near the elimination zone more times than she's been on top. Also she's a bit BLUBBY when things don't go her way.

Dave just wants it far too badly. Peter seems nice enough but MEH.

I always find Bake Off loses the big personalities early on.

The nadir was the year the final was that one health food gay and two identical brunettes.

I caught with this after forgetting about it for 3 weeks. I’m glad they’ve improved the start of the season was very shaky.

It has to be Hermine for the win but maybe the young kid can pull ahead. Laura is nice but she’s not very precise and older straight feels a bit like canon fodder at the moment (also I find the way Noel is always rubbing on him a bit weird).

KATHY BURKE ON EXTRA SLICE :disco:

I didn't even watch this week's main episode but I watched this if only for KB. She was great.

I still hate Bake Off on Ch4 and Prue Leith is a CUNT

'Can I ask that you try the final one?'

FUCK OFF PETER

The absolute chaos of Laura's worktop, all that brown gloop being slopped about. :D

Reactions: ZZ
Here for a CHAOTIC GOOD win from Laura just so those boring other two don’t get it

Oh nooooooooo :(

Fucking Peter. Cheese-hating non-drinking GOODY TWO SHOES TEACHER'S PET CUNT

I didn’t watch last night and I’m glad knowing that Queen Hermine left and sad old Laura stayed. Does Peter really hate wine and cheese? You can never trust a tee-totaller (unless they were an alcoholic, in which case they gave a BLOODY GOOD GO OF IT) see: Donald Trump.

Poor Laura seems to be getting a lot of online abuse about Hermine going. :(

Bless Hermine

Laura commented underneath

laura.adlington
Thank you so much for speaking up Hermine. It makes me love you even more. I knew this would happen but it still really hurts. I do feel incredibly guilty, and I feel sad you've had to tackle this when you should just be celebrated for your achievements. Sending love and positive vibes, always ❤️ xxx

I thought that Hermine leaving was really unfair as she was WAY better than Laura overall.
And her message above shows what a brilliant person she is.
I LOVED her attitude throughout the show. Very relaxed and cool about everything, even though she kept receiving compliments and being Star Baker twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom